Chapter 1: Letters from Hogwarts

Here ya go!

(Kennade's POV)

It was a Sunday morning and I heard the ever so irritating sound of my alarm clock. As I encouraged myself to wake up I heard the sound of owls outside my bedroom window. I trudged downstairs to find that my brother Sam was already wide awake.

"Morning", he said as he shoved his pancake into his mouth, making what he said sound more like some word from a foreign 0anguage. I slouched down in my chair next to him and started picking at my food. CLUNK! I bolted to the door and there, on the ground, was a letter addressed to Kennade? No, that can't be right. Maybe I should mention the fact that I have dyslexia and on top of that, I also have ADHD. You're probably thinking, oh you poor thing, but that isn't even the biggest worry. I am a halfblood. A what!? A halfblood, half human, half god, or some people call them demigods, but I much prefer halfblood.

"I should probably go to Camp Halfblood," I thought "Chiron will know what it says". I yanked my backpack off of the chair with the broken leg.

"I'm going now!" I yelled. My brother started to talk, but before he could answer, I was gone. I reached into my pocket, hoping I hadn't forgotten my ride. Aha! Here it is! I yanked out a shiny golden coin and tossed it onto the street.

It bounced 3 times before I said, "Stop, O Chariot of Damnation!" And in a flash of light, 3 old hags appeared in a taxi.

"Where to?" one of them said. I am guessing that one was Tempest, but I couldn't tell them apart, they looked like triplets.

"Camp Halfblood please," I responded and they hit the gas pedal and we were off. I usually resented taking the Gray Sisters' taxi, but I needed to get there as fast as I could.

"Give me the eye!", Anger, I think, yelled to Tempest. "No way! You had it last time! It is my turn!" the last one said, so that hag must have been Wasp. Now you see why I absolutely despise the Gray Sisters.

------Time Skip------

I stepped off the cab, a bit dizzy, and stepped into the barriers of Camp Half-Blood. I saw Chiron beckoning me over, so I went to see him. Chiron said briskly "Go find Ricky Xu and bring him over here." I was about to say why but Chiron raised his hand. So I just walked away to find Ricky.

I saw Ricky talking to Percy Jackson. I ran forward to tell him to go with me to the Pavilion, but he was already walking away. I chased him to the rock climbing wall, he climbed up, climbed down, and continued walking. I sighed. Finally, I bumped into him. "Chiron wants to see us at the Pavilion." I told him.

------Time Skip-------

    Chiron stood at the Pavilion, looking more tired than usual. He looked at Ricky and I, and said "A prophecy. For the two of you." He took out his notepad. "Rachael said this earlier." he informed us.

2 demi wizards must answer the call
Wizard and Demigod, both to fall.

A group of 6, they will meet.
Defeat the darkness, destroy the Wizard

For 7 years, they must go,

Bring balance back to the world.

We looked at each other wearily. We were probably the only demi-wizards around here. Chiron then said, "I have contacted Harry Potter, the headmaster at the school you're going to. The school's name is Hogwarts. In this envelope, will be your school supplies and your other information." He thrusted a envelope across the table. Ricky peeled it open slowly, then said, "What is the darkness that we are trying to defeat?" Chiron smiled, and shrugged. "Hey, I saw this envelope at my doorstep this morning. Is it this?" I asked dreadfully "I guess so," Ricky answered, which wasn't the answer I was hoping for. "You will begin packing tonight and you'll leave for your school supplies tomorrow." Chiron said. After he left, I raced over to the Athena cabin to break the news to Annabeth.