Thirty-Seven:- Dangerously Cheesy

Start from the beginning

The mockery doesn't phase her. In fact, it bored her.

"Why are you here?" She repeated, "I don't want to know why you showed up after years, but I do know that the next time you show up; I won't be as welcoming as now. I advise that you tell me."

The subtle threat didn't irritate him, instead, it amused him even further. Like sister, like brother.

"How cute that you expect yourself to be here in this low life area. Somehow, I agree that you should stay here." He gestured his hand carelessly around.

Jadrianne fully faced him from her standing. "Since we are on the same page, I believe you have no business with my life anymore now."

Kayne scoffed and gave a devilish grin. "You think you're free just because you were not in our sight?" He shook his head and chuckled lowly as he approached her until they were intimidatingly close.

The older sibling's expression changed from carefree to a dark looming look. "Don't forget, kyra Anne, you can't run away from responsibilities."

Jadrianne didn't flinch, but she knew when her own brother's serious or not. She held a threatening glare as heavy as his but stayed silent.

Kayne sighed after relaxing his expression. "Ah, I still have jetlag." He ruffled the hair at the back of his head. The taller shoved his hands in his pockets before brushing past her to head to the door. "Anyways, I hope you are aware of what position you're in, adelfí."

Jadrianne remained silent and walked behind Kayne while maintaining a good distance from him. He reached for the doorknob and before he twists it open, he spoke again, "Ah." He looked at her over her shoulder. "It's been a while since I tasted your cooking."

Jadrianne's hand balled into a fist behind her back when he said that. He knew she wasn't alone before.

"Cook for me sometime," he said as he opened the door. Before he left, he said his final message of the night with a grin that held a meaning that doesn't come off as favourable, "Enjoy this simple life while you can, adelfí because it won't last long."

Flashback End

Jadrianne sighed when she finished telling her memory. She looked up to see Nathan's face and she raised her eyebrow when she saw his blank expression. "Are you . . . sleeping with your eyes open?" She asked as she poked his nose.

The brunet blinked for a moment before lifting his hand up to her and flicked her forehead. "Ah!" Jadrianne held a hand to it.

"YOU HAVE A BROTHER?!"

"Wow, is that your take from all of that?" She rubbed her forehead.

Nathan continued to shout, "What kind of brother would say stupid stuff like that?! If only I could get a piece of mind with that piece of . . ."

Jadrianne watched and listen to him grumble and ramble on about his unpleasantness of her brother. Some partners would be considerate before cursing out their partner's siblings no matter how bad they are. However, Nathan didn't care. He was straight up pissed.

"So, your brother was the reason you didn't text back?! Damn it! I even blamed you for another idiot's doing! Gah! I wanna rip this sofa but then I don't wanna pay for damages. Argh! Is he even a brother?! Who threatens their little sister?!" Nathan groaned and ruffled his hair.

She didn't expect that.

Jadrianne watches as Nathan rambles on in frustration over her older brother. Her emerald eyes took their time watching his messy hair, to his furrowed eyebrows, his usual scowl, and his big hands that were balling into fists. It was all endearing to her.