Ten

We stand by the harbour, the kid happily sitting inside the cockpit of Bo Katans ship out of trouble.

Din stays by my side, a silent comfort, not questioning when I hold onto his arm to keep my hand from shaking.

However there is nothing in Bo Katans eyes that isn't questioning, even so she knows now isn't the time to push me, but I suspect that won't last long.

"You see that Imperial Gozanti freighter? It's being loaded with weapons as we speak," Bo Katan tells us and already I know if it's an Imperial ship I won't have a problem storming it. "According to the port's manifest it's scheduled to depart at first light."

"So we stow away?" Din asks, his idea a little more civilised than mine.

"We've been hitting them pretty hard," Koska tells us. "They scan for life forms as a precaution before pushing back."

"If you want to do this with five, you're gonna need the element of surprise," Din says and Bo looks at me.

"We have a Jedi," she reminds him. "And don't worry, we'll have that as well."

"What's the plan?" I ask knowing she tends to go in guns blazing.

"The freighter will maintain trawling speed while inside the shipping lanes and then ascend into orbit. We'll get up when they're cruising in atmosphere. The tower won't allow them to climb until they've left the port's airspace."

"Troopers?" Din asks and a small smile spreads across my face knowing I'm in for some action.

"A squad at most," Bo answers. "Nothing a handful of Mandalorians and a Jedi can't handle."

"And they couldn't hit the side of a bantha," Axe comments and if there's one thing troopers are known for...

"Then it's settled," I decide but there's one thing we need to take care of first.

~

I hold the kid as we walk through the town. He knows I'm not alright and reaches up to touch my face.

"I'm okay kid," I promise him and he coos in concern. "Just a little shocked that's all."

"Shocked?" Din asks gently, an invite to speak not a demand, he likely assumed Bo Katan and I exchanged some harsh words which is true but the rest is unknown to him.

I swallow hard. "Bo Katan told me that I- I had a brother. A brother who my parents never told me existed," I tell him stiffly. "Not much shocks me these days but that-"

I can't finish and the kid nuzzles his little head into my chest and Din's hand brushes my arm.

"Do you know where he is?" he asks me and I blink away tears.

"The Empire killed him," I choke out. "She showed me a holopicture of him holding me as a baby it- I'm sorry it just sent me over the edge."

"I can't blame you," he says and gently holds my arm. "Especially considering how little's left of your family."

"I'm luckier than most," I say knowing he has nothing at all, nothing except for the kid. "Bo Katan is many things but she's the last blood I have. And that has to count for something."

"Only if you want it to," he tells me, knowing that family to a Mandalorian is far more than blood.

"Thank you Din," I say and my voice is quiet. "For everything."

He knows what I mean. His fingertips trail down my arm to squeeze my hand, a silent understanding between us. His hand remains wrapped around mine as he guides us to the Frog Lady's house. I don't know how he found it but like he said, it's his job.