82. THE OTHER TWO

Start from the beginning

T H E  F I R S T  D A N C E

AT LAST BY ETTA JAMES plays over the speakers and Aliyah is immediately taken back to that night at the gala — the night she first realized she loved him and he her. As Elijah pulls her into his arms, she sends him a cheeky smile.

"What's got you grinning so much?" He questions, hand resting right above her ass.

She shrugs, "Just thinking about the night of the charity gala. When we first talked about kids — you said you wanted four, I wanted two, then we settled on three."

He chuckles and brushes a curl back, "That was the first night I realized I love you — dancing to this song. Feels like that was forever ago."

"Yeah," Aliyah grins, her eyes twinkling in excitement, "Now look at us, Dr

"Yeah," Aliyah grins, her eyes twinkling in excitement, "Now look at us, Dr. West."

He kisses her lips, sweetly, "Trust me, Mrs. West, I'm looking."

She meets his eyes, sucked into the azure pools that had captured her in the first place. She's swept up into the moment, the reception guests out of sight, out of mind, as she stares up at her husband.

Her husband.

It made her eyes water to think about calling him such a word for the rest of her life.

"Well, husband, what do you say..." She starts, a cheeky grin growing in her face, "We start trying for the other two tonight?"

Elijah chuckles and draws her in closer, burying his head into her neck and brushing his beard along her skin, "Don't have to ask me twice, wife."

"I love you." She kisses his exposed skin.

He closes his eyes and sighs, happily, "I know."

The two continue to rock to the beat, Aliyahs eyes closing as she sinks into the moment. Elijah holds her carefully, running his hand up and down her back comfortingly while she massages his trimmed head.

Oh, yeah, yeah, and you smile, you smile

Oh, and then the spell was cast

And here we are in Heaven

For you are mine at last.

T H E  C A K E  C U T T I N G

"BOY, I WILL FIGHT YOU." Aliyah warns as she watches Elijah put the knife into the cake.

He looks at her with wide eyes and a fake surprised look, "I didn't even do anything."

She narrows her eyes at her husband, skeptical about what he has planned with their beautiful black forrest cake. "You're gonna do something."