ARC 16 : THIS LIFE~THE BEGINNING

Start from the beginning

T country had a fervent gun culture, so it couldn’t help but be full of conflicts. In addition, there were all kinds of complicated racial conflicts. Public security was even worse especially in relatively poor areas. Therefore, Shang Ke usually kept a low-profile. He never went out after sunset to avoid unnecessary trouble or being shot by people for no reason.

Around ten days passed, but he was still safe and sound. After Shang Ke got his ID, he bid farewell to the old scrap collector and took a bus to the next city. Before he left, he left a message at a spot like before.

He unconsciously walked and stopped around ten towns. During this period, he served plates, distributed leaflets, set up street stalls, and occasionally volunteered. In the end, he finally determined his main occupation— a wandering artist. Carrying a second-hand guitar, he sang and played, performing every day in the city where people gather. Although the pay wasn’t much, it’s still better to be content.

In his spare time, he didn’t forget to pay attention to domestic news. The first thing that surprised him was that old Wei suddenly suffered a stroke and was admitted to the hospital. The higher ups fell into an undercurrent of chaos, but the Wei family has deep roots, and although there was some turbulence, it didn’t affect the overall situation.

From sporadic decorative reports, Shang Ke found out that Wei Xun was still at home managing the Science and Technology Center’s construction. Incidentally, he made an appointment with some female pianists to drink tea.

Shang Ke sat in the Internet cafe, biting a hamburger while glaring at the large image on the web page. Damned guy, he was gnawing grass in a foreign country while Wei Xun was stealing incense from home.

“You’re finished, you know that?” Shang Ke pointed viciously at someone in the photo.

He quickly finished eating the burger, drank a few more mouthfuls of drink, wiped his hands, then began to tap away on the keyboard.

Z country, in a lab.

A group of technicians were analyzing the robot Chu Hao’s program code. However, a month or two passed, but they didn’t reach any major conclusions at all. More precisely, the results of their research were completely different from expectations. The recompiled program based on this code didn’t have Chu Hao’s intelligence at all. It was just a bit better than the current robots on the market, but the difference wasn’t enough to make their products stand out.

Finally, they came up with two possibilities. One was that Chu Hao’s intelligence was exaggerated; the second was that the true core code was never on Chu Hao’s body.

What they didn’t know was that the robot Shang Ke developed has the function of identifying its owner. No one except the owner can tamper with its core program. Once an alarm is triggered, Chu Hao’s main program will go through the Internet and escape to the safe room Shang Ke set aside in the Internet.

When Shang Ke opened the safe room, Chu Hao immediately followed the data flow to find his location. It infiltrated the computer, scanned his face through the surveillance camera, then verified his identity with his voice.

【Keke, long time no see.】 Chu Hao’s voice, with no joy or sadness, came from the headset.

“Long time no see, Chu Hao.”

【Keke, my body was seized by some bad guys. You must help me snatch it back.”

“No problem, I’ll help you teach those bad guys a lesson when I return.”

【When is Keke returning?】

Shang Ke thought for a bit and replied, “When he finds me.”