8

A few weeks pass by. Sadie and Jett video chat every night, each one leading them closer to Jett's visit. It was this weekend, a little less than a week away. Sadie couldn't wait to see him.

Jett couldn't call this week though. He was going to be out late filming his episode in Indiana, and it was different now that they were in the same time zone. He promised to text her every chance he got, and Sadie was cool with that. Just knowing he was thinking of her was more than enough.

The season was slowly opening up to slightly warmer days, and that meant more visitors at the ranch. Spring and summer brought endless business to Sadie, and she was swamped with trying to organize appointments in the calendar.

Jett: Investigating tonight so I'm going back to the hotel to sleep a few hours. I hope your day is going well. I'm so excited to see you.

Sadie couldn't help the smile that formed at his text message. If the weekend was anything like Vegas, it was going to be incredible, and she was counting down the minutes.

Sadie: There's no way you can be more excited than me. Sleep tight, be safe tonight. :)

The rest of her day went by without a hitch. She had a few more messages from Jett, but as it got later she knew he was working.

She had watched all of the episodes to his paranormal investigating / ghost hunting show. It was a comfort show, something you turn on when you want familiarity. She imagined a lot of the evidence captured was legit, maybe exaggerated for the cameras, but there's only so much you can fake.

Especially now that Sadie knows Jett and how passionate he is for his research, she doubted much got through that wasn't what he approved of. However, he did have a very  arrogant and dramatic TV personality that shocked her when she watched the show now. He wasn't at all like that in person.

The following morning was like any other. It was weird to not here from Jett. He always told her good morning, but she knew he was busy. Sadie just hoped he was thinking of her.

She was working in her office, having just finished helping an adorable little girl, when her phone rang. It was Jett? He never called, only video chatted and text. She felt her heart pick up speed and she wiped her palms on her jeans before taking a deep breath and answering.

"Hi, is this Sadie?" An unfamiliar male voice came through, not easing her fear at all. In fact, she was so nervous she was sure she wouldn't be able to speak.

"Yes, this is Sadie. Who is this?"

"Listen, I am the production manager for Jett's show. My name is Chris. I wanted to let you know that he and his crew were in quite a severe situation when they were investigating. Everybody that was there last night is fighting something psychological, shutting them down."

"Oh," Sadie murmured as she processed the information. She wasn't sure what he wanted her to do about it, but she really hoped Jett would be okay. She appreciated being kept in the loop.

"We decided it would be best to send everyone home where they could be watched by there loved ones. I don't feel like it would be safe to send Jett home alone, and we know he was so excited about coming to see you. I know it's short notice, but I was hoping he could stay with you for a few days."

Sadie hesitated. Of course she wanted to help in any way she could. She was very fond of Jett and truly felt like they had something special. However, she wasn't sure what she was getting herself into.

When she watched the show and somebody was affected (whether it was fake or not) they seemed to became aggressive and angry. Not only did she live alone in the middle of nowhere, she was incredibly sensitive to those emotions.

Yet, she hoped Jett would do the same for her, so she agreed to let him stay. The production manager asked her to meet him in the middle of their two locations.

This was not how she wanted this weekend to go, but she was falling for the broody man and the thought that he had gotten into something he shouldn't really scared her. She had no idea what to expect.

Sadie wasn't a sceptic, but she didn't believe in the paranormal completely. She wasn't willing to accept the possibility because acceptance would be like an open invitation.

Chris finished the phone call by stating,"I'm required by contract to inform you that Jett has no attachments of any kind, and in the event that he does bring something to your home, our company is not held liable."

That was reassuring.