10 - Tease and Taunt

Hinata

Coming back to Karasuno was as if my life had been returned to me.

Since we had gone through a lot, Kageyama and I had decided to just take things slow and not put a label on us yet. Although that didn't stop him from being a complete tease.

From 'accidentally' brushing his hand against mine when we walked home from school to taking extra long to put on his shirt when we were in the change rooms alone, Kageyama really knew how to get on my nerves.

Especially that innocent look he gave me followed by the 'Anything wrong Hinata?' when I glared at him. 

As if on cue, I felt warmth brush the back of my hand, the feeling of Kageyama's soft sink sending shivers down my spine. 

"Morning," I grumbled.

"Awww," he said, pouting. And of course, there was that cute pout that made my heart go crazy. Ugh, what a tease. And I was 200% sure that he knew this just as well as I did.

"Why do you always tease me?" I mumbled, annoyance laced into my tone.

"Because I love seeing you flustered." He grinned.

"Or you could just ask me out instead of saying 'let's take things slow' then be all lovey-dovey," I suggested with a raised eyebrow. This got his attention.

"Hmm, maybe I will. Hinata, be my boyfriend?" He asked and I looked up at him in surprise.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm ready for the next step."

"Then I am too." I smiled softly

"Does that mean I can kiss you?"

"Kageyama you tease!" I said punching his shoulder playfully as my face heated up.

"Owww babe that really hurt."

"Oooo so from boke straight to babe?" I teased with a fit of giggles

"There is nothing 'straight' about us Hinata!" He joked.

"Ohh come on!! You know what I meant!" I pouted.

"Heh. You know how much I love teasing you." He smirked playfully.

"You really are a dumbass." I sighed.

"That's my line!!"

"Whatever," I said, planting a quick kiss on his lips. 

His expression was priceless.

***

Kageyama

The feeling of Hinata's lips on mine set off fireworks within my nervous system. It was quick yet passionate, but also a little teasing. Almost as if he was saying 'How do you like it when I tease you back?' or 'Here, have a taste of your own medicine'.

I blushed furiously, turning away and mumbling to myself. This made Hinata giggle.

"Oh my god, you're so cute when you are flustered!!" He sighed in a lovesick tone. That just made me blush harder.

"Let's just get to training," I mumbled.

"How about you gimme the kiss that you were suggesting earlier." He smirked. 

"How about no."

"Awww pleaseeeeee?"

"Fine." I leaned over, giving him a quick kiss. My heart felt as if I had run a marathon. Hinata wrapped his arms around my neck as I straddled his waist, deepening the kiss. I had never felt this way before.

We flew apart as a cough and snicker interrupted us. I opened my eyes to see Tsukishima smirking. Yamaguchi hid behind him.

"So the King finally got his Queen back." He cocked an eyebrow in amusement.

"Oh shut up. We all know you want to bang Yamaguchi." I snapped. The kiss was making me feel bolder than usual.

The green-haired boy blushed "W-what-".

The jerk averted his eyes, not replying.

"That shut you up quick." It was my turn to smirk.

The two walked away. I smiled at Hinata. He hugged me, arms holding me close. I rested my head on his, humming softly.

"I love you-" we whispered at the same time before bursting into a fit of giggles. I placed a soft kiss on his forehead before interlocking our fingers.

Swing our arms back and forth, we made our way to school. 

Hinata was mine. Mine. I twirled the word in my mind, deciding that I liked... no, loved the sound of it. It was the perfect synonym for Hinata.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Teasing and taunting playfully, we entered the gates to Karasuno, where this had all started.

Mine. Mine. Mine. 

Hinata. Mine.

***

Hinata

Kageyama and I were curled up on my bed, cuddling. I sat in the space between his widespread legs, leaning back against his chest. My ear rested on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

Kageyama's arms held me close, and I hummed with satisfaction. 

"Hinata?" He mumbled. I looked up to meet his gaze. Dark blue eyes stared back at me.

"Mmm," I hummed.

"I'm really sorry." His voice cracked. I smiled reassuringly.

"It's in the past." I gave him a moment to think, "Just please don't do it again."

"I won't," He whispered.

"Pinkie promise?"

"Pinkie promise."

Promises are made to be broken. The voice inside my head told me. I trust Kageyama. I fought back. 

For the past few weeks, I had let that voice get to me. The voice of my loved ones, uttering words with a menacing tone, each enough to kill on its own. 

But no more. I was strong. I was going to be strong. I was going to be the guy that Kageyama deserved to have, not an emotional mess.

I was gonna get better. 

Teasing and taunting was all fun and games, however, I'd never let someone else dull my sparkle. Never again. 

Never again did I want to fall in a void of insanity and darkness. I had finally climbed out. And I was never going back. I promised myself this.

Promises are made to be broken. 

Real promises are vows from the soul, tying the promised and promiser together forever. 

Real promises are strong, unconditional, and filled with hope.

Hope. Every broken person's last string. The only thing keeping them alive.

Never was I going to be hopeless. Because I had learned something very important.

People do change, time does heal. Scars whether physical or memories, do eventually fade. And so do we. So why not make my time as memorable as possible?

There was no space for put-downs. I still had a long way to go.

"I love you," I whispered before sleep embraced me like an old friend. Somewhere in the distance, I heard a familiar voice echo my words.

"I love you," it said. 

Kageyama loves you. The voice told me.

And with that thought, I blanked out.