Chapter XIII: A Walk With Ciel

(Y/N)'s POV

It's been two days now since Azel came back to me. He now stays in Trancy Manor with me and Alois, although im a little offended that the others don't trust him, im glad they at least let him stay.

Since Ciel's been so confused lately, i decided to take him out for a little walk. in was nowhere special, just a simple park in London for us to clear things up and discus any further matters. i'd hate to ruin my relationship with Ciel just because all this has happened.

As we walked side-by-side, i looked at Ciel's face. He was frowning and looked deep in thought, i don't think he even noticed me looking. I looked around me to see a lot of activity though not many people, a few kids running around playing, a few vendors, et cetera. 

Aside fom the hustling and bustling of the public, It's just the two of us here. Sebastian is at Phantomhive manor preparing a feast for guests that Ciel is gonna have and Jade is there helping him since im also invited to join.

We kept on walking until Ciel called my name. he caught me by surprise a little as i was still looking around.

Ciel "(Y/N)."

(Y/N) "huh?"

Ciel then raised an eyebrow at me, as if expecting me to know what comes next.

(Y/N) "Oh.. i guess i owe you some answers huh? Well, go ahead."

Ciel "For one, what did you do back there? how did the rope suddenly tear itself apart?"

(Y/N) "Well.. i've always had a special talent, 'gifted' i guess you can call it. i can use my energy to manipulate the things around me. i don't remember how i managed to figure it out, all i remember is that i was kept hidden from the world because of it."

Ciel "How? None of this make sense."

(Y/N) "And us having demon butlers do?" i ask him with a playful smile and raising an eyebrow.

Ciel "Well... you got a point there."

(Y/N) "Things don't always have to make sense, Ciel. sometimes.. they just happen."

Ciel "Yeah... i think i've seen enough to know that. but sometimes it's just hard to accept."

(Y/N) "I know... you and I haven't really had the best experience growing up, but I promisse it'll get better if you just believe it will.

Ciel "tsk. that's naive."

(Y/N) "it worked for me."

Ciel looked back at me, his eye widened with seemingly amazement. i just flashed a smile back at him and he focused his gaze back forward. i saw his cheeks turn pink and maybe it was my eyes deceiving me, but i could swear i saw a small smile on his face.

Ciel "(Y/N)...?"

(Y/N) "Yes Ciel?"

Ciel "Have you ever.. l-l... li..."

(Y/N) "Continue.."

Ciel suddenly turned away from me. i grabbed his shoulder out of worry. i tried to look at his face but he keeps turning it away from me. after a while of trying to glimpse at his face, Ciel suddenly pushed me away and when he turned back to face me, he looked sad.

Ciel "Nevermind. forget i said anything, let's keep moving."

(Y/N) "but..."

Before i could inquire more, Ciel began walking away, not wanting to be left behind, i decided to drop the subject for now and caught up with him. maybe i can ask later, when Ciel is less jumpy. We continued our walk for a few seconds in silence until Ciel spoke up again.