Chapter 2: 'Burning sensation'

Kirishima's room was filled with a soft morning glow as sunlight streamed through the curtains, casting a warm and gentle illumination on his peaceful face. The rhythmic ticking of his clock provided a soothing background noise, harmonizing with the soft snores emanating from beneath his blanket. Stirring slightly in his sleep, Kirishima smacked his lips and shifted onto his side, his snores growing a touch louder. However, an unexpected burning sensation began to build in his stomach, gradually intensifying.

Groggily, Kirishima let out a soft groan, shifting onto his other side as he instinctively brought his arms to his stomach, clenching it in discomfort. The burning sensation persisted, traveling upward from his abdomen to his chest and eventually reaching his throat. Slowly, he pried open his eyes, immediately regretting it as the sun's rays delivered an unwelcome blow, piercing his vision.

Wincing and rubbing his eyes to ease the temporary discomfort, Kirishima momentarily forgot about the burning sensation as he glanced at his clock. The digital display revealed that it was already seven-thirty in the morning. He tilted his head in confusion, realizing that his alarm should have gone off by now. Sighing at his forgetfulness in not setting the alarm the night before, he felt a sense of relief that he had managed to wake up just in time to prepare for school.

Shifting in his bed, the burning sensation gradually subsided, allowing him to regain his focus. Just then, a knock resonated on his bedroom door, drawing his attention. "Come in," Kirishima called out, his voice still tinged with sleepiness. The door opened slowly, revealing a familiar blond figure whose glare possessed an intensity capable of cutting through steel.

"You're not dressed yet?!" Bakugou exclaimed, his tone sharp and accusatory.

Kirishima winced at the sudden outburst, rubbing his ears to alleviate the discomfort. "Calm down, Bakugou. I've just woken up. Besides, the walk from my house to UA isn't that far..."

Bakugou's glare remained fixed on him, its intensity seemingly deepening, if that were even possible. Kirishima pushed himself upright and scratched his head, the fatigue still evident. "I need to take a shower and get dressed. You can wait here or downstairs if you prefer."

Bakugou strode toward him and sat on his bed. "I'm waiting right here," he grumbled, his discontent palpable. Kirishima shrugged nonchalantly, unfazed by Bakugou's choice of location, as long as he had the opportunity to freshen up and begin his day. Gathering his necessary items, Kirishima made his way toward the bathroom, ready to cleanse himself and prepare for the challenges that lay ahead.

•••

"Alright, I'm ready!" Kirishima announced, poking his head out of his door. Bakugou muttered a final remark and picked up his bag.

"Next time, I won't be waiting for your sluggish self. You took far too long."

"You do realize you could have gone to school without me, right?"

Bakugou shot him a sidelong glare, sending a shiver down Kirishima's spine. When Bakugou wanted to, he could be truly intimidating. Kirishima chuckled lightly, attempting to ease the tension, and descended the stairs with Bakugou trailing closely behind.

Kirishima plucked two apples from a bowl, sinking his teeth into one while extending the other towards Bakugou. The blond shook his head dismissively and headed for the front door. Kirishima hummed nonchalantly and shrugged, following Bakugou as they departed from his house.

"So, did Ma let you in?" Kirishima inquired, taking another bite of his apple.

"Yeah... I caught her just as she was about to leave," Bakugou replied.