Chapter 1: 'Unexpected turn'

Start from the beginning

"Looks like you're cornered," Kirishima declared, assuming a battle stance in anticipation of their next move.

"Shi-Shitty Hair... where the... fuck were you... going?!"

Kirishima turned his head to find Bakugou, hands on his knees, catching his breath. Refocusing his attention, Kirishima noticed the person with glowing hands.

"That person stole something from the lady who was shouting, remember?" Kirishima reminded Bakugou.

Once Bakugou had regained his composure, he stood by Kirishima's side, also adopting a battle stance. Kirishima positioned his arm in front of Bakugou.

"You can't do anything, Bakugou."

"Hah?! WHY THE HELL NOT?!"

"You failed your provisional license exam."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Seizing the opportunity, the person conjured a bright ball in their hands while Kirishima and Bakugou were momentarily distracted. Bakugou noticed the glowing sphere but found himself unable to move to dodge it. The luminous radiance entranced them both, leaving them defenseless against the impending impact. The ball struck them, sending them flying into a nearby dumpster.

"FUCK!" Bakugou exclaimed, feeling a surge of pain in his back. Kirishima muttered a quiet curse, attempting to rise to his feet but failing miserably. Bakugou quickly recovered and unleashed a small explosion in the direction of their assailant. The explosion hit its mark, causing the person to drop the stolen bag. As the smoke cleared, however, they had mysteriously vanished, leaving behind only the discarded bag.

Limping toward the bag, Bakugou picked it up, wincing from the pain in his back. "What the fuck just happened, and where the fuck did that person go?!" he muttered in frustration.

Kirishima groaned softly as he weakly stood up. Caught off guard by the glowing ball, he had been unable to evade its effects. "B-Bakugou?"

Bakugou turned around, observing his injured friend. In a softer tone, he asked, "Why the hell didn't you harden yourself?" Supporting Kirishima by allowing the redhead to lean on him, Bakugou began to walk.

"I couldn't control my quirk... I couldn't move to dodge it either. Besides... I could ask you the same question," Kirishima responded quietly, his voice tinged with disappointment.

"Tch, same fucking thing," Bakugou grumbled. Together, they exited the dimly lit area and returned to the light. A middle-aged woman with long black hair and beautiful brown skin approached them, her eyes filled with concern.

"I heard an explosion. Are you boys okay?" she asked in a gentle tone.

"We're all good," Kirishima weakly lifted his thumb in reassurance, accompanied by a faint smile. Taking the bag from Bakugou, he held it out to the woman. "Here you go, Miss."

"Thank you so much!" she exclaimed, her eyes welling up with tears of gratitude. She inspected the contents of the bag, ensuring that her belongings were intact. "How can I ever repay both of you?"

"No need for that. We're just glad you're safe!" Kirishima waved off her offer, maintaining a friendly smile.

"Let me at least give you some money as a token of my appreciation for your bravery and kindness."

"Nope, we were just doing what heroes-in-training would do."

The woman smiled warmly and hugged them tightly. Bakugou was on the verge of erupting when Kirishima shot him a meaningful look, shaking his head slightly.

"Thank you both again!" the woman exclaimed, bowing in gratitude.

"No need to thank us again, miss," Kirishima replied, his tone slightly nervous. He felt a little uncomfortable with the effusive gratitude, but he understood the woman's perspective.

"Your bags, you both dropped them at the park."

"Oh, shit," Bakugou muttered.

"Are they still there?" Kirishima inquired.

The woman brushed a strand of hair away from her face and responded, "They probably are, but you should hurry and check. I would have brought them with me, but I heard the explosion and became worried..."

"Are you fuc-"

"Okay, we'll be on our way! Let's go, Bakugou." Kirishima interrupted his fiery-tempered friend and nudged him to start walking. Bakugou rolled his eyes, acquiescing as Kirishima leaned on him for support. Kirishima bid the kind woman farewell and watched as she reciprocated with a soft smile.

"You didn't have to fucking interrupt me," Bakugou grumbled, shooting a glare at the redhead.

"If I hadn't, you would've said something offensive. Come on, let's retrieve our bags and head home. I'm exhausted."

Bakugou silently agreed, and they made their way to the park. Fortunately, their bags remained untouched, relieving them of the fear of having their belongings stolen. Bakugou picked up both his and Kirishima's bags.

"Will you be able to walk home alone?" Bakugou asked, handing Kirishima his bag. Kirishima accepted it and nodded. "Yeah, I'll be fine. We should spar again soon. I need to work on a lot of things."

"I second that."

"Hey!"

Bakugou smirked slightly, patting Kirishima's head. "See you tomorrow, Shitty Hair."

"Goodbye, Bakugou."

Unbeknownst to them, the glowing ball had set into motion a chain of events that would make their lives far more complicated. Their encounter had taken an unexpected turn, and the challenges ahead would test their resilience and determination.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry for the long first chapter. I don't think this book is going to be that long.

Words: 1469