Chapter 1: 'Unexpected turn'

(A/N: Would you guys like music while you read? I could add calm music that you guys can listen to or slowed music to get you guys in the mood. For this chapter I'm adding slowed down music. Its called "Ruthless" if you wanted to know. Enjoy!)
~

Finally free from the confines of school, Kirishima stretched his back, eliciting a satisfying crack as he relaxed. Beside him, Bakugou responded with a mere grunt, engrossed in selecting music on his phone. Both of them had ended up with after-school detention, albeit for different reasons. Kirishima had been reprimanded for his disruptive behavior in class, while Bakugou had nearly resorted to violence against an imitator.

After enduring an hour of detention, the duo received a warning and were released. As the sun began its descent, the sky transformed into a mesmerizing display of vibrant colors. Kirishima gazed skyward, captivated by the beauty of nature, until he was distracted by faint music emanating from Bakugou's direction. Turning his head, he noticed the blond with both earplugs firmly in place.

A slight pout formed on Kirishima's lips as he rolled his eyes. He couldn't help but feel a twinge of loneliness whenever Bakugou indulged in his music, as though he were being ignored and neglected. Slipping his hands into his pockets, Kirishima directed his attention forward, lost in his own thoughts.

"I suppose I could let my mind wander, but about what?" Kirishima mused to himself. "There isn't much to daydream about. I wonder what Ma cooked for dinner. I'm hoping for steak! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water!" His stomach grumbled, and he sighed in defeat. He had managed to make himself hungry. It seemed that he and Bakugou were not even halfway to the park, their usual parting spot. Patience would be required as they made their way there.

Startled, Kirishima felt a light tap on his shoulder, causing him to turn his head and see Bakugou extending one of his earplugs. A wide smile spread across Kirishima's face as he gratefully accepted the offering.

"Thanks, man!" Kirishima exclaimed, inserting the earplug into his ear and instantly hearing the soothing notes of classical music. He found it quite surprising that Bakugou would listen to such elegant melodies, considering his reputation for favoring rock or rap.

"I didn't think you were the classical music type," Kirishima remarked. Bakugou shot him a glare, and replied, "If you don't want to listen to it, just give it fucking back!"

"I didn't say I didn't want to listen to it; I'm simply shocked that you appreciate this genre," Kirishima explained, lifting his hands in a placating gesture. The strategy seemed to work, as Bakugou responded with a dismissive "tch."

"Bakugou can be quite sensitive at times... I should choose my words more carefully. He's kind of cute when he gets flustered," Kirishima thought to himself.

"Oh, look, the park is just up ahead," Kirishima pointed out, drawing Bakugou's attention. Uninterested, Bakugou saw no need for Kirishima to state the obvious, as his own eyes were fully capable of perceiving their surroundings.

The two continued walking in silence until they reached the park. Kirishima removed the earplug and returned it to Bakugou. "See you tomorrow, man," he said, flashing a warm smile.

Bakugou grunted in response, nodding his head. Before they could part ways, a woman's voice pierced the air, shouting about a thief. Kirishima turned his head and witnessed a figure rushing past him, accidentally knocking him into Bakugou's body.

"Hey, watch where the hell you're going, fucker!" Bakugou shouted at the fleeing person, assisting Kirishima in regaining his balance. Without hesitation, the redhead dashed after the culprit.

"Shitty Hair, where the hell are you going?!" Bakugou yelled, chasing after Kirishima.

Kirishima observed the person's path, which took a sharp left turn, and he followed suit, colliding with the wall as he tried to keep up. As the person realized they had run out of escape routes, Kirishima grinned.