The Vantas

A tall hooded troll. The grub backed away, still hissing. She wasn't happy at all. The tall troll, who was male, kneeled down and held his hand out. He wasn't trying to be threatening.

She kept backing away, until finally, rain poured onto her grubby body. She squeaked, dashing forward, away from the cold rain. She shivered a bit and finally looked at the troll again.

He had an amused grin, letting out a chuckle. The grub got offended and started to let out squeaks, as if she was yelling at him.

He couldn't stop himself, as he let out a small laugh, his shoulders shaking a bit. The grub glare, huffing. She finally noticed the hand and made her way over.

She started to attack the said hand, not causing actual damage. The male watched her, before slowly lifting her up. The grub clung to his hand, terrified.

The male looked at her and supported her, holding her close "Where's your guardian?" He finally asked, his voice sounding soothing.

The grub looked at and squeaked. He let out a hum and looked around. No one was around, except him and the grub. He thinks to himself, and makes a decision.

He covered the grub, who let out a displeased noise, and quickly, but careful, jog back to his 'hive', which was a human home. Small, but perfect for himself and the others.

He arrived, using his key to enter. As soon as he opened the door, he saw a sight and gave a small cringe.

A tall troll....at least, I think he's tall, he's sitting in a chair. He was glaring at the door, or was he glaring at the older male? Who knows, he was glaring, his arms crossed, his leg crossed over the other, and he was frowning.

There was a small troll, asleep on the couch. He was letting out soft snores. He must've been there for a good while. Before the eldest could say anything, the tall angry troll stood up and started talking

"Signless, d9 y9u kn9w h9w triggering this is?? Y9u said y9u'd 6e h9me at 1900, it's 2100. Y9u're 2 h9urs late, and that is unaccepta6le! Y9u c9uld've called, inf9rming us y9u'd 6e late! We were waiting f9r y9u that wh9le time and y9u didn't even think t9 inf9rm us!" The tall troll ranted.

All that ranting caused the grub to hiss. This caused the troll to stop, and not cause another paragraph. The grub peeked out and stared at the tall troll.

She lets out another hiss and looks around. The eldest troll, now being revealed as Signless, lets out a sigh and places the grub down. He looked at the tall troll, who had the look of 'EXPLAIN!'

As Signless began to explain what he saw and did, the now warm grub shivered after being placed down. She slowly crawled around, trying to find a warm source. She saw a black and grey mass on the couch, making soft noises.

The grub looked, before struggling her way up and on the couch. She looked at the mass, to see a sleeping male troll, with a permanent scowl on his face and letting out soft snores. And...HE WAS WARM!

The grub made her way over and chilled on his abdomen, nuzzling and enjoying the warm. The grumpy troll grumbled and slowly woke up from his rest, only to see...a (B/C) grub on his abdomen. He stares, before letting out famous words.

"WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK??" He yelled, spooking the grub as they scurried away, off abdomen, off the couch, and under the couch!

Signless and tall troll flinched, and looked over, to see a confused Karkat, and no Grub. Karkat looked at them, and gestured under the couch "WHEN AND WHY DID YOU GET A GRUB??" He asked

Signless goes over and kneels down, looking for the grub under the couch. While that's happening, Tall troll, who's name is Kankri, and the black and grey color scheme troll, who's name is Karkat, argue.

Kankri warns Karkat about the yelling and naughty language, while Karkat says, and I quote "I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR FUCKING TRIGGERS, FUCK OFF!"

Signless was annoyed, but tries completing his first task, getting the now grumpy grub. He reached out for her, who hissed and backed away.

Signless finally gets the grub, who bites the shit out of his hand. It didn't cause damage, but was uncomfortable. He sits back up and looks at his Descendants. They were being really loud.

Signless goes to silence them, but the little grub got it covered. She lets out a loud hiss, silencing the two. They stared at her, who was glaring.

Signless looked, and felt kinda proud. Now..he explains what he's going to do. He shall keep the grub, and raise them since obviously, her guardian isn't going to do so. Kankri and Karkat didn't seem pleased, but accepted it.

Kankri asked a very important question...what's the Grub's name. Signless goes to answer, then freezes...uh oh...Kankri silently stares. "So...we need to think of a name! A magnificent name!" Signless perked up, then said a name.

Yeah, no. The Grub lets out a loud hiss, obviously not liking it. Signless looked, then offered another name.

The grub hissed again and squirmed, wanting out of the grip. Signless kept listing names, and she kept on hissing and squirming. Karkat found this amusing, and laughs, like this is one of the funniest shit he's seen in forever!

Kankri gets annoyed, and starts ranting, about how Karkat isn't helping the situation , and that this is triggering for the grub and shit like that.

Karkat rolled his eyes "WANT ME TO HELP? FINE! HOW ABOUT (Y/N)?!" Karkat yelled, causing the grub to go silent. Signless freezes. Karkat looked shocked "(Y/N)?" He repeated the name, and the grub let out a soft squeak, responding to him.

"So...(Y/N) is her name. There you go, Kankri." Signless said, having a big smile. Kankri gives a small nod, and he was gone..for now.

The night became more...eventful. Little (Y/N) doesn't want to sleep, and ran and hid. Signless couldn't find her! Karkat helped and didn't have much luck either.

They later find her, somehow, in Kankri's room. He was reading a book aloud..but he was talking about something else, besides the book. Something must've triggered him and he was speaking his thoughts out loud.

Well, somehow, (Y/N) was asleep during Kankri's rant, and I don't even think he noticed..ah well. They quietly left, as to not catch Kankri's attention. I mean, goodness knows that they're (PLATONICALLY) flushed for him...he just talks way too much and makes it impossible for them to leave when caught.