*~*~*~

Why did she had to act like an aggressive person to him? She sounded so berserk when the poor guy didn't really say anything wrong. Is it that he always shows up when she's in a bad mood or is she really sassy like Ammi always say? Rabbul izzah! She needs to be taking control of her temper always to avoid hurting people like this although it is never intentional.

After mentally scolding herself, she turned around to go and apologise to him for what she did. On reaching there, her shoulders slumped in defeat seeing as he was already gone.

She sighed and decided to just head back straight to her room and a small part of her wished she would see him again so she could apologise and get the guilt off her back.

Just in time, she remembered that she needed to give out charity for him today. Since obviously there were no almajiris around the school, she decided to branch to where the school nannies are and gave a 500 naira note to one of the nannies she was quite acquainted with. 

"Thank you so much my child Aisha. May Allah bless you and grant you success in your studies." The nanny kept thanking her profusely, almost squating as if she gave her a very huge amount.

'Aameen Ya Rabbi Inna mimi. It's not much and thanks alot for the prayers." She replied overwhelmed with the woman's reaction and quickly held her shoulders to stop her from bending.

Inna mimi was a really kind elderly woman she started growing accustomed to during the first few weeks of her first semester. A mother to two orphans. The woman washes some of the toilets in their hostel and would often work for some of the students by washing their dishes or clothes who eventually end up under paying her. She never minds about that though as she gets to provide for her two daughters and would often say it's better than doing nothing at all.

Indeed in life, it's the little things that means the world to many. Kindness, courtesy, charity, helping them out whichever way you can, amongst others.

Today was that one day in every year which she can never ever forget. A day accompanied with painful memories which she wishes she can erase, if only wishes were horses. A day which marked 6 years since he passed away. Her hero, her champion and her best friend. The best father she could ever ask Allah for.

Normally if she was in Katsina, she would have been alone in her room on her prayer mat after prayers. Reminiscing the past memories, looking at his old pictures, crying in between every picture or memory and lastly praying for his soul to rest in jannah over and over again.

On reaching their room, she quickly digged into her back and found what she was looking for; the key to the room. As luck would have it, the door was locked which meant Maryam and Adeelah were still not back yet and now she could have the time for herself for that's what she has been yearning for all day.

She had a 2 hour lecture today which commenced from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. During those two hours she can swear she couldn't remember all that was taught. Her mind was completely else where. Thinking about him and only him. She didn't even know why she didn't skip the lectures at first but then she wanted to get her mind off grieving but alas, it all went in vain.

She stood in the room after locking the door. She untied her hijab and slumped on the bed. Knowing she was quite  hungry but definitely didn't have the appetite to eat, she decided to just skip lunch.

Opening her locker to find a comfortable dress to change in, an envelope containing her family pictures caught her attention. With a weak smile on her face, she took it out and mindlessly gazed at the pictures till one made her stopped in her tracks.