Chapter 26

"We all know that what took place in this school last Saturday was in no way proper. It'd caused alot of scandal and served or should I say; still serving as a threat to the school as a whole. And now the result of your action is at the verge of ruining the school's prestige if care isn't taken." With a straight face, the head of the panel continued in declaration.

"But sir, I swear it was a setup. I'm innocent. I was_"

"Sorry for interrupting you miss Humaira but that is not what brought us here. We'd already reached a conclusion and if you're really innocent as you say, then you're going to have to prove it." Another man, which she guessed was the head's assistant articulated with a scowl etched on his taut face.

"In light of benefit of the doubt, we hereby give you a week to prove your innocence or else I'm afraid you will be expelled from the school and not only that, but your scholarship will also be revoked." A man which she recognised as the dean of students concluded on behalf of the rest of his colleagues which he shared known glances with.

Expelled. Humaira knew very well what that word meant. Expulsion in the sense that she would no longer be a student of the school. Her reputation would be more ruined than it was already and no university would probably want to admit her again. Not only that, she'd come so far and was now in her final year so how could everything go down the drain just like that because of something she was a victim of?

Humaira just couldn't help herself. The news hit her for six. Her eyes welled up with tears yet it was like an internal challenge for her not to let them out so she accepted that challenge woefully. "Since a decision has already been reached, then I guess that's it. But i  would also like to make a promise hereby that as long as I'm still living, I'll try my very best to clear my name and prove my innocence about how all these was a frameup."

"We sincerely wish you good luck with that. Thank you for your time Miss Humaira. You're free to leave." The head of the panel gave her a small and sympathetic smile as she managed to get up despite how the walls seemed to close in around her.

With blurry eyes filled with tears, she squeezed the door handle and made her way out of the senate building.

"Just look at her. After the shameless act she has committed, it's a wonder how she still has the guts to be walking around the school as if she owns it." A young lady sneered to a friend close to her as they glared at Humaira who was passing by with such venom.

"Why are you even suprised? People like her just have no shame. If they can grope men like that in public, then I wonder what they are capable of when no one is watching." The friend replied turning up her nose as she eyed Humaira in an up and down motion with nothing but disgust. She didn't even look a tad bit guilty for saying what she did. On the contrary, she looked satisfied with the stubborn tears which kept making their way onto  Humaira's cheeks.

This was bound to happen Humaira. People will will definitely talk but mind you, don't let their negative and untrue words get to you. 

She mentally gave herself a comforting pat on the back, willing herself not to give them the satisfaction they want as she hastily wiped at her stained face. She lifted her face from the ground and that was when all the people who gathered around watching, caught her attention.

She didn't know when she slowly started moving backwards until two men started coming closer to her with lustful looks on their faces.

"She sure does look like a good one buddy. I'm sure that man in the video must've had alot of fun." One of them said to the other with a conspicuous smirk on his face as his gaze trailed up and down her body.