Chapter 13

Once she came out of the garden, she didn't branch anywhere but went straight back to their room.

Thereinafter, she narrated all what transpired a while ago to Maryam and Adeelah. The two girls found her situation so very funny that all they did was to laugh and the circle continued.

"You just had to display your sassiness Humaira. I feel for the poor guy and whoever gets in contact with your sassy side. Like it was clearly your fault for being so lost in your thoughts and instead of you to apologise at that instance you just had to do the opposite." Adeelah pursed her lips in an attempt to suppress her laughter but she failed miserably.

"She's right Humairori. I don't see the guy's fault in leaning on to you like that too. Not that I'm saying it's proper but It was an honest mistake and anyone in his position would do just that cause who would want to fall face flat in public?" Maryam pointed out with a giggle whilst concentrating on her hand knitting.

"Shut up you pests. You've said more than enough already. Instead of you to help me feel better, you've been successfully doing the opposite since I came in." She huffed in annoyance while heading to her locker to pick up her towel in order to freshen up.

"Oh habibty la taghdab, don't be angry. This should be a lesson learned. Next time, always think twice before you let that sassiness on the loose." Adeelah who has been on Maryam's bed reading an Ebook on her phone, muttered and then quickly closed her mouth to suppress the bubble of laughter trying to escape.

"By Allah I'm done with you guys. One more word from any of you and you'll see the end of my so called 'sassiness'. And one more thing, I HATE YOU BOTH!" She groaned and closed the bathroom door deliberately with full force while the duo did nothing but laughed more at her misery.

*~*~*

Friday, University of Abuja, 3:05pm.

Humaira strolled out the hall way of her department uninterestedly. Just like how dejected she was feeling, she was sure her appearance looked down in the dumps as well.

Her mind was copiously occupied that she barely noticed the people surrounding around her. Her eyes were downcasted and she has never wanted to see herself alone in her room like she did at that moment.

"Subhanallah. It looks to me like you need to be concentrating more on your surroundings." A voice which sounded quite familiar to her muttered, as they almost bumped into each other.

She took a few steps back feeling as annoyance was slowly creeping its way inside of her. And then it clicked, it was the same guy she met a week ago at love garden and she didn't know if it was because of her mood, but what he said really irked her. So it is now her fault that he keeps bumping into her?

"Excuse me Mr! It doesn't seem to me like I am the only one who needs to be concentrating more on her surroundings but people like you especially. Need I remind you, this is a public place and you just don't go walking around as if you own the place. Oh! My bad. Rich brats like you finds it normal. Now if you will excuse me, I neither have the time nor energy to spend it on people like 'you'." She uttered the last word in distaste and swiftly walked away from him leaving him rooted to his foot and just like the last time, she had the last words.

Instead of him to feel bad and upset with her like any other person, speechlessness and confusion described how he felt at that moment. Did what he said sounded so offensive to rile her up like this or is she always this sassy? Whatever it maybe, it looked to him as though something was bothering her. He thought, feeling the need to follow her but then he knew that could very well be one of the worse mistakes he'd ever make.