I slapped him playfully in the stomach.

"At least I know that I'm a smooth talker." He said, wiggling his eyebrows at me.I couldn't help but laugh at how stupid he is.

"You keep telling yourself that." I replied before grinning.

"You love it, though." He winked.

The word love coming out of his mouth filled my head with butterflies. Normally, they fill your stomach, but my head was just swamped with butterflies and thoughts.

"If you say so." I eventually replied. "So, does Rebecca still stalk you 24/7?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Pretty much. I don't understand why she doesn't get that I don't like her at all, though."

"Well, some girls like to think that everybody likes them, when in reality ­ nobody really does. She just needs to learn that."

"I know, but it's annoying."

"Yeah, I figured." 

After the long walk we had eventually reached my house. All the lights were off, but the cars were still parked like they were before.

"I guess my parents went to bed. How nice of them to wait up for me." I sarcastically said.

"They were probably just tired." He attempted to reason. (a/n they don't get tired sorry I just had to say that)

"Yeah." I sighed, knowing that wouldn't be the case.

"Uh, what time is it?" Jai nervously asked.

"Just after half 10, why?" I asked, checking my phone.

"Uh... I don't really like walking home alone..." He mumbled, shuffling his feet.

"Aww, is poor little Jaidon scared?" I teased, pinching his cheeks.

"Very funny." He sarcastically replied.

"Do you wanna stay over then?" I asked, unsure of if that was what he was hinting at.

"Would your parents mind?"

"What they don't know won't hurt them." I grinned.

"Is it alright with you?"

"I don't mind." I smiled up at him. "Would your parents be okay with it?"

"Uh, I'll text my mum and just say that I'm at James' or something."

"You should probably let James know too then." I said, jabbing my elbow into his side.

"Alright, mum." He joked.

"Hey, I'm not that old." I replied, still grinning. "C'mon, lets go inside before we get frostbite." I said, pulling him by his arm. "We'll probably have to be quiet, don't want to wake my parents up. That might turn things... Awkward." I knitted my eyebrows together, still walking up the driveway.

I could tell Jai was worried, but he didn't have any other options.

"C'mon or the village reaper might get you." I joked.

"Alright, alright." He whined, catching up.

I slid my key into the keyhole gently so that it refrained from making a loud grinding noise. The door unlocked effortlessly and swung wide open. Freddy was lying at the bottom of the staircase. He awoke from his slumber when he noticed us. He could have gone back to sleep, but no ­he decided to meow. 

"Freddy. Shut up, please." I whispered.

Jai was stood behind me trying not to laugh. I stood up from petting Freddy and raised my eyebrows at him.

"Freddy? Seriously?" He whispered, still trying to hold back his laughter.

I smirked at him before shaking my head and climbing over Freddy. I headed up the stairs with Jai right behind me. We managed to make it up to my room; the only noise came from my Vans squeaking on the newly polished marble stairs. I found my way to my room in the dark, being careful not to bump into anything. Jai was right behind me and didn't notice that I had stopped ­ causing him to walk straight into me.

"Hey, watch it." I whispered, muffling my laughs and turning to face him.

"Sorry." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes before turning around and opening my door. As soon as we were both inside, I could finally turn the light on.

"Uh, I don't exactly have any clothes for you to wear." I murmured, standing awkwardly.

"That's alright." He sincerely replied.

"Right, well I'm going to get changed in the bathroom. Make yourself at home." I beamed before grabbing my pajamas and walking into my bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror and cringed at my reflection. I had makeup smudged under my eyes which I quickly removed. Jai must have thought that I looked like a complete mess. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before getting changed. All my Winter pajamas were in the wash, so I was stuck with my black booty shorts and white top. I walked back into my room and Jai was stood awkwardly at my desk, in just his boxers. He turned around when I walked back in. I tried to avert my gaze anywhere else but his bare stomach. Although, my eyes failed me and were drawn straight to his perfectly toned abs. He slowly walked over to me whilst I was still trying to find something to say.

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies." He joked, lifting my jaw up. "Do you have a spare toothbrush?"

"Uh, yeah sure. There should be one in the cabinet above the sink." I whispered while he walked into the bathroom. 

He came back out whilst I was putting my clothes away.

"You coming to bed?" He winked.

I whacked his  stomach as he walked past and sat on my bed. I turned the light off and walked over to join him. He was already under the covers by the time I reached my bed. I grabbed the blanket and snuggled underneath it.  Jai wrapped his arm around my waist and his other hand started playing with my hair. I rolled over to face him, nuzzling my face into the crock of his neck. 

"Night, Kenzie." He whispered.

"Goodnight, Jai." I whispered back.

After that I went straight to sleep.