Chapter 11: Professor Lupin

__

"I'm your professor as well." 

__

Halloween tended to be one of the more popular holidays around Hogwarts. 

It fell right around the time that the first term of the year really began to get busy with extracurriculars and other activities, so everyone was usually buzzing with entertainment. It was no surprise that everyone was so excited for this Halloween dance. Young witches were squealing over their dresses, and young wizards were nervous about who they were going to ask to accompany them.

As much as you wanted to be excited about it, you really had no desire to go...yet you weren't sure why.

You had been mulling over it for days. Usually you were so involved at Hogwarts -- you couldn't imagine why you were so uninterested.

"Hi, [Y/N]!" A voice called from behind you.

"Hey, [L/N]!" Another voice called directly after.

The two familiar voices caused you to turn your head. Your walk through the courtyard slowed a bit, but you continued your commute. Fred and George Weasley bopped over to catch up with you, matching smiles painted on both of their faces. You liked the twins. They always kept you laughing, and you valued your friendship with them.

"Hello, boys," You greeted as Fred took place on your left and George on your right. "What's up?"

The twins had been good friends to you over the years. You owed your Quidditch career to them. They had taught you all kinds of tips and tricks to better your Chaser skills.

"Not much. We were wondering-" Fred began to say, but was finished by George.

"-whom is taking you to the dance this weekend?" 

"Are one of you offering to take me?" You asked jokingly.

The three of you laughed in amusement. They were like brothers to you. There was no way you'd ever go as one of their dates.

"I've got a date." George announced.

"Me too," Fred added. "You're not going alone, are you?"

"Probably. I'm not even sure I want to go." You confessed.

George looked horribly offended at that statement. 

"No, you have to go! This is the-"

"-first year they're doing this dance. It's going to be bloody magnificent!" Fred shrieked. "George and I have new frog cannons we're going to test out on Flitwick."

The thought of Fred and George firing frogs at Professor Flitwick was funny. It was a wonder that the twins hadn't been expelled yet.

"Chocolate frogs?" You questioned them.

The identical grins on their faces confirmed your question. Classic Weasley shenanigans. 

"By any means, you better be there, [L/N]. We'll come find you if you don't show." Fred spoke.

You rolled your eyes, but you knew they were serious. Now you felt like you had to go. It was only four days out, so you had some serious scrambling to do. 

"You have something better to do? You going to spend Saturday night grading papers for Professor Snape?" George pressed on.

A heat flushed through your face. Keeping a neutral tone and careful reaction was important.

"Yeah, yeah. I get it. I'll be at the dance."

The twins were satisfied with your answer, and they fizzled out and disappeared out of sight. George mumbled something to Fred about wanting to clog all the toilets again, which was something you chose to deny hearing about if it came back to you.