Brows XVI

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice

~Proverbs 12:15

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : - ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ - : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

Ika-Labing Anim na Kabanata

"AXTI, nagkita na pala kayo," saad ni Viera. Kasunod siyang dumating ng Dad ni Khlei at ng kasama niyang lalaki na hindi ko man lang alam kung ano ang itatawag sa kaniya.

"What do you mean?" I coldly asked.

Mayroon bang alam si Viera sa lahat ng ito? Kaya ba niya ako inimbita kasi may planado ang lahat? Heck. Ito ba 'yung sinasabi niyang surpresa?

Well, I'm surprised and pissed at the same time. For years, I am drowning and digging a hole just to forget this man beside me. Then, at this freaking party, he will just sprout and act as nothing happened.

Viera held my hands and look into my eyes sincerely. "Let us explain, Axti."

"I guess you need some space. We excuse ourselves, Tryle," Mr. New said he grabbed his daughter's arm, then leaves. I saw Khlei's reaction before walking away. She looks so worried about me.

The man beside me taps my shoulder and smiled. I don't know what to feel. I want to burst out, but there's something that is stopping me to do that.

"You have grown as a man son. I'm so proud of you," he said.

When I hear those words, I smiled bitterly. Where on earth does he get the audacity to say that? Heck. He was acting like there's nothing that happens in the past.

"Don't call me that," I uttered and gritted my teeth.

I look at his reaction. He was shocked. What does he expect? That I will hug him or greet him nicely after all these years? Wow. I clenched my arms. I'm controlling myself not to make a scene at this party.

"Hey Axti, don't be like that to your Dad," Viera reprimand.

I raised my eyebrows and that statement of her flickered my ears.

"Dad who? All I know is my Dad is dead," I come closer to Viera and give her a sharp stare, "So, this is your surprise for me? Well, I'm really surprised as heck!"

I can feel some stares of the people around us. I don't care anymore. If they want to gossip, then go. I am freaking mad and losing my patient now at the same time. Years passed and now I met him again.

"Look Axti, Mr. Meneses knew that we are classmates and he talks to me. He just wants to see you, so I plan for it."

Nagpintig na naman ang tainga ko sa sinabi niya. Wala akong pakialam kung ano pa ang dahilan ng lalaking ito. Tsaka, walang karapatan si Viera sa buhay ko. Saan siya nakakuha ng lakas ng loob na planuhin ang lahat ng ito? Heck.