Jack johnson

(Your POV)

I woke up to see the sun blaring through my curtains and into my bedroom. I took a long look around my bedroom. My eyes took in the sight of my wardrobe, my desk, my Polaroid pictures strung up in a line on my wall, my fairy lights over my mirror. I loved my bedroom and it was my favourite place. It may sound sad and if so, I'm sorry. Wait...no...no I'm not sorry. I'm not going to apologise for who I am.

I rolled over and checked my phone, it was 11.15 am and I had 4 texts from my best friend Jack. They said:

'Y/N, is it okay if I come over today?'

'I need to talk to you'

'Y/N get your lazy ass out of bed!!'

'I didn't mean that, your ass is really cute not lazy'

I quickly replied:

'Of course you can come over, I'm not lazy I just like my sleep! See you in a bit x'

Jack has been my best friend for years. I know everything about him and he knows everything about me. There's nothing I haven't told him.

Seeing as he would get here in 15 minuets I decided to get my ass out of bed and get ready. I sat down on the stool Infront of my mirror and pulled a brush through my long brown hair which today decided to look like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards. Once my hair was under control, I pulled it up into a messy bun on top of my head. When jack comes over we just wear our pyjamas and play video games. I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out my fluffy, cosy and incredibly soft pyjamas which had the logo of my favourite band, nirvana, on.

Me and jack became friends when we were kids and we lived next door to eachother. We both had trampolines and we would have jumping competitions to see who could jump the highest. It was always Jack, which made me sad because he is good at everything and I just fail at everything. Name something. I'll fail at it.

'Dinggggg'

The second I heard the doorbell go I was out of my bedroom and flying down the stairs. Well-not actually flying, I was running but it would be cool if I could fly! I hit the floor downstairs and pulled the door open with great force. There he was. My amazing beautiful best friend who I secretly loved. Oh-did I mention that? I love jack. I have since I first saw him all those years ago. I know he'll never feel the same way about me though so I have to keep it a secret.

'JAACCCCKKKKK!'

'Y/NNNNNNNN!'

He ran up to me and hugged me. He had never hugged me like this before, he hugged me tighter than ever. I thought it was a bit weird at first but I decided to go with it and I hugged him back even tighter.

'Come inside Jack,' I told him and we made our way inside and sat down on the beanbags in my living room.

'What did you want to tell me Jack?' I asked, I was very curious as to what jack was going to tell me.

'Oh well... Oh it doesn't matter, it can wait,' he stuttered when he spoke as if he was incredibly anxious about something.

'Seriously Jack, whatever it is you can tell me. We tell eachother anything. Can't you tell me? Aren't we besties anymore?' I questioned him, I was getting worried now. What was it? Why can't he tell me? Doesn't he trust me anymore?

'Okay so... I am hopelessly in love with a girl who will never feel the same about me. She's beautiful, funny, cute, smart. She's perfect. Everything you could ever want in a girl. But why would she ever love someone like... Like me? It breaks my heart every day...'

'Oh jack... Jack Edward Johnson, any girl will be lucky to have you and you are so cute and funny. And...and ikindahaveacrushonyou...'

'Wait... What?'

'I... I have a crush on you...' I looked at the floor and felt my cheeks burning red and I knew I was blushing like crazy.

'Really? That's weird because, the girl I described... The girl I am in love with... That girl is you. Oh and you look so cute when you blush,' Jack confessed, now it was his turn to go red.

'Oh Jack, I have always loved you... From the very beginning'

Jack stood up and made his way over to me. He looked into my eyes and I stared back into his blue / green orbs of perfection. Suddenly, he placed his soft lips on top of mine. I felt the sensation of sparks and fireworks alive in my stomach as I kissed back. As I pulled away, I saw him smile and I smiled back at him. I was in love with this boy and I always had been, it just took me a long time to realise it.

The rest of the day was full of laughter, kissing and just general messing about. But as far as chilled first dates go, it was perfect. Well, I don't think it was a date but it was perfect. I am in love with Jack Edward Johnson!!!