Chapter 22: Curse

Start from the beginning

When asked why he told her she had excellent chakra control and that she could be a combat medic. That way she could save lives as well as help fight. She liked the thought and told him she would consider it.

They finally arrived at the hospital and walked into Sayuri's room, the girl sleeping on her bed. She was sweating horribly, tossing and turning in her sleep. Naruto had a frown on his face as he looked at the Uchiha. She looked horrible. 

The bags under her eyes were evident enough that she had been sleeping restlessly. The sweat on her forehead and side of her face definitely meant she was running a favor. What was Tsunade doing? "Damn it," He whispered under his breath. He knew it. 

He should have killed Orochimaru. He should have disobeyed Tsunade and just taken the consequences. But now Orochimaru was running free within the Elemental Nations and now he couldn't do anything. He felt so powerless and it made him angry. It just gave him more to worry about. First the masked man and now this? What was next? Pain arriving three years earlier and flattening the village before he was strong enough to fight him off? 

He dispelled the thought. He didn't need to jinx himself. 

"She looks horrible," Sakura voiced both of their thoughts. "Will she be okay?" 

Naruto looked down at Sayuri's face, a frown marred her features. "Yes," He answered. "I think she will be. She's strong. She's survived things way worse than this. She can do it." He turned around, ready to walk out of the room. "Let's let her rest, standing here won't change anything, as sucky as that may sound, it's the truth." 

"Yeah," Sakura whispered, knowing that Naruto was right. "Maybe. . ." As she turned to walk away with Naruto, they both stopped as they felt a horrible chakra coming off of the Uchiha. Naruto froze. He knew exactly what that was. He had felt this chakra before when he had faced Sasuke in the Valley of the End all of those years ago. 

He slowly turned around, and sure enough, the curse mark that was branded onto the back of Sayuri's neck made black markings to spread across half of her body, her eyes wide open. She sat up, a small grin coming onto her face as she looked at her hands. 

The power she felt was incredible. It was unlike any high she ever had. This was it. She could take on the world with this power. She looked to her left and saw Sakura and Naruto looking at her with shock-filled eyes. 

"Dobe," She whispered. "Fight me." Naruto frowned as he turned around, facing the last loyal Uchiha of the village. 

"No," He answered calmly. "I won't fight one of my comrades, especially not you when you're in this state. Calm down, Sayuri." Sayuri snarled and threw the blankets off of her legs and grabbed Naruto by the collar in a blink of an eye and slammed him against the wall. 

"I said fight me dobe! I'm not taking no for an answer!" Naruto met her angry Sharingan eyes and felt older all of a sudden, the weight of two worlds crashing onto his shoulders. He looked down at the ground.

"Fine," He said reluctantly. "But not here, on the roof." Sayuri released him and quickly walked out of the room. Naruto sighed. 

"Naruto," Sakura began. "Are you sure about this? Something isn't right with Sayuri." Naruto met her eyes and let out a defeated sigh.

"I'm not sure about this, but I doubt she'll go easy on me in the slightest." He put his hands in his pockets. "But either way I have to do it. She'll just keep getting angrier the more I deny her. Best to just feed her ambition this once rather than starve her." Sakura nodded, understanding the position the blond was put into. It was not a pleasant one. 

She followed Naruto up the stairs and out onto the roof of the hospital, several sheets hanging out to dry. Naruto saw Sayuri standing there, waiting for him across the roof, a glare in her eyes. "I thought you weren't going to show up for a second dobe!" She shouted. 

Naruto met her crimson Sharingan eyes and shook his head lightly. "Sayuri, as much as I want to fight you, I don't want to fight you like this. I want to fight you as comrades of the Hidden Leaf, not whatever you're twisting this into." Sayuri snarled.

"Don't lecture me dobe! You're just the dead last! Stop thinking we're equal!" She shouted. "Ever since we became Genin you've been acting like you're better than me, but I'm going to set the record straight!" 

"That mark on the back of your neck is twisting your thoughts," Naruto tried reasoning but stopped that approach when he saw the look in her eyes. He let out a defeated sigh and straightened up. "Fine, I'll fight you." Sayuri smirked.

"It won't be much of a fight!" She made a few hand seals. "Now know your place you loser!" And with that, the fight began. 

And done. How was it? Good? Bad? Tell me! 

Anyway ye

Til next time my lil demons!