c h a p t e r 1 5 ~ freinds with the enemy

"And I can't wait to see how beautiful you look."

"What are you three doing here? How'd you get over the security gate?" Carrie asked. "Oh, I remember the code from when I was here last." I lied. "Oh, Jess that makes sense. But what do you guys want?" She asked.

"We just thought you should know that Julie and Jess's band is playing at the dance tonight." Flynn said. "Now you know." Julie chuckled. "You two are acting weirder than usual." Carrie told them. "Probably because we're thirsty." Julie told her. "Can we come in for a glass of water?" Julie asked.

"Oh, and I wanted your advice on my hair and makeup for the dance." I quickly added. "Fine, you can come in." Carrie told the girls. "And I would love to give you some advice Jess! Meet in the living room." She said. She sent a glare to Julie and Flynn, "I'm only letting you two in because Jess wants help and she's clearly watching you two. So don't break anything."

Carrie went to the kitchen as Julie Flynn and I made our way to the living room. We were looking for the boys when Julie finally spoke, "Where are you?" She asked. "I'm... I'm right here." Said a voice, we turned around and saw Nick. I knew this wouldn't be good for Julie as she still liked him.

Julie let out a chuckle, "Nick! Look, Flynn, it's Nick. nickster, Nicky-poo, nick-a-licious." "Shut up." I whispered to Julie. "Hey! Glad your here, Nicky-poo." Flynn said getting a look from Julie. "We wanted to tell you that Julie and Jess's band is playing at the dance." Flynn finished.

"Oh yeah. No. I... I saw your post." Nick said with a smile. "These girls bothering you babe?" Carrie asked. "Nope, just telling us about the dance tonight." Nick told her. "Right, Julie, Jess, and their hologram band are playing. How'd you learn how to do all of that hologram stuff anyway?" Carrie asked us.

"The internet, it's not just full of makeup tips." Julie told her. Carrie quickly glared at her. "Although I do love makeup tips." I said trying to defuse the tension. It worked a little as I got a smile from Carrie.

Nick had the same idea as me, "Uh... what do.... what do you say, babe?" Nick asked her. "Sure. Let's check out the hologram show. And I would love to see Jess's dress and makeup that we pick out in action." She said sending me a smile.

"Great. Um... I'll make sure all my buddies are there. Do you know if Ricky's going?" Nick asked me. "Yeah, he is. He's actually giving me a ride." I told him. Ricky was on the lacrosse team with nick and they were pretty good friends. "Ooh! How exciting. That's a lot of people staring at you." Carrie told Julie.

"Do you girls wanna wait outside while I help Jess?" She asked them. "Yeah." Julie said spilling her water. "Oh my gosh. I am so sorry! No, no, no, no. I know where the towels are. I'll get it." Julie told Carrie. "Oh! I'll go help her. I'll be right back."

Julie and I started walking up the stairs, "Guys! For your sake, you better not be up here." Julie said. "Guys! Come on!" I whisper yelled. We had been looking around upstairs when all of a sudden I looked out a window and saw the boys outside. "Julie the guys are outside." I told her. "Let's go!" She exclaimed.

We walked downstairs and motioned for Flynn to distract Carrie and Nick. "What is a raccoon doing in my backyard?" She walked over and sat in between Carrie and Nick. "You guys want to see a photo of that? It's just so cute. Look at it." She said as Julie and I successfully made it out the back door making our way over to the boys. While they were.... pulling up their pants?

"So did you guys have fun in there?" Julie asked. "Okay. You'd do the exact same if he stole all your songs." Luke told her. "But you have new songs." Julie said. "With us." I finished for her.

"The best way to get back at Trevor is for this. And to do great. And to do great, we have to play at dances, then clubs." She started but Luke cut her off, "And tours. I know." And judging by the look he gave her he totally likes her.

"I'll see you guys at the school. We go on at nine. Please don't be late. There's gonna be a lot of people there." Julie told them. "We got it alright? Don't worry."Alex told us. "And Reggie, remember you said your gonna dance with me. Oh, and I kinda told Ricky I would introduce you two and I hope he likes you because his opinion really matters to me." I told Reggie. He gulped, "I got it. And I can't wait to see how beautiful you look." He told me.

Julie and I made our way back inside with a towel. "Here I can clean it up. Oh and Flynn my dad said he could bring us home so Carrie and Jess could hang out." Julie told Flynn. Carrie smiled, "That would be great."

After like 10 minutes of us just sitting there awkwardly our dad finally picked up Julie and Flynn. Then I went to sit by Carrie.

"So what are you thinking of wearing?" Carrie asked. I smiled, "Well a dress for sure. I'm between two dresses." I told her and then showed her a picture of each. "I think you would look hot in the black one. What do you think Nick?" Carrie asked. "I think it would look good on you." He said with a smile.

"Oh, and it would look killer with some black pumps!" Carrie exclaimed. "Totally! Thanks! Now I'm not the best with makeup so could you do it for me now?" I asked. Carrie smiled, "Yes! Let's go to my room! Nick are you fine with waiting?" She asked. He nodded, "Yeah go have fun." We ran up to Carrie's room giggling.

"Okay, so could you just surprise me?" I asked. "Yeah." She said and she started doing my makeup. "So can I ask you a question?" Carrie asked me. "Yeah." I said. "Well how can you not hate me? I mean Julie clearly does and your her sister but I would still consider us friends." She said. "Julie doesn't decide my friends. And I think you're a nice person." I told her.

We spent a little longer talking and catching up. "Okay done. What do you think?" Carrie asked. I looked in the mirror and I loved it. (Makeup look below) "Oh my gosh, thanks! Now I need to get going to meet up with Ricky. But I'll see you at the dance." I told her. "See you." Carrie said.

When I got home I changed into my dress and shoes (outfit below) and went downstairs where Ricky was waiting

When I got home I changed into my dress and shoes (outfit below) and went downstairs where Ricky was waiting. "Hey Ricky." I said. He smiled, "Hey Jess. You look great!" "Thanks to Carrie." I said. "Really? I thought you didn't like her?" He asked. "Yeah she's actually not that bad. Now let's get going." I said. I grabbed Julie from the kitchen and we made our way to the dance.

 I grabbed Julie from the kitchen and we made our way to the dance

"I can't wait to meet Reggie." Ricky told me. "Oh he's great you'll love him." Julie said. I smiled, "Yeah he's amazing but he might not get there until a little before we go on so you can meet him after we perform." We then pulled into the school parking lot.

We walked in and it looked amazing but something was off, and I don't know what.