First Day

Alex slowly trudged his way down the streets with his coffee in hand until he stood in front of Wellstons massive entrance. The blond let out a yawn and took a stip of his drink before starting his way down the path and into the school.

As soon as he entered he noticed all eyes fall onto him. He knew he would be the talk of the school since he was new but god damn did he hate all the attention.

Thankfully the bell rang singling the start of first period. The students quickly dispersed until Alex was the only person left. He took his time walking around the school until he finally found his first period class, which was thankfully History.

Alex walked up to the door and pushed it open causing the class to become silent from the sudden intrusion.

"Ah Mr. Welsh so good of you to finally join us. I take it you got lost with it being your first day?" The teacher asked.

So Vaughn's got the teachers using a fake name? Thank god.

"Ya but the schools not that hard to get around so I should get it down by the end of the week."

"I'm glad to hear you're on top of things Mr. Welsh. Make sure you keep that attitude when it comes to your grades." The teacher said sternly.

"Of course."

"Starting today we will have a new student joining us, his name is Alex and I expect you all to treat him with respect. Alex you can take the spot next to Seraphina in the back of the room."

Alex nodded and made his way towards the back of the room. His eyes landed on the magenta haired girl and he felt his heart skip a beat. She was beautiful.

Cut that shit out Alex. You're not here to make friends or relationships.

The blond plopped down and pulled out his notebook before taking a peek back over at Seraphina. She was staring at the teacher bored while resting her head on her hand.

"You look like a creep constantly looking over at me." Sera said without even taking her eyes off the front of the room.

"I'm not staring at you I was going to ask if you could tell me what time period we're on but I guess your a little too stuck up for that." Alex replied annoyed.

The magenta haired girl dropped her arm and turned her head to meet him. She studied his face for a second before allowing a small smirk to grow across her face.

"Western expansion and manifest destiny." Sera whispered.

"See it wasn't that hard was it." Alex responded as a smile grew across his face.

The bell suddenly rang causing the two to be pulled from their conversation. Alex stood and slung his shoulder over his bag before turning to Sera.

"I'm Alex." He said as he extended his hand.

"The teacher already introduced you." The girl responded with a faint smirk.

"You're the smart ass type aren't you?" Alex said hopping she would take his bait.

The girl went to respond but stopped when a new figure tapped Alex on the shoulder.

"Hi your Alex right? My names Elaine, if you need any help around the school just let me know." Elaine said with a big smile.

Alex looked down at the girl before giving a response.

Damn she's cute too.

"I should be able to manage it but thanks."

The girl was shocked from how quickly Alex denied her attempt at being helpful. But she wouldn't just stop their, she was gonna figure out what she wanted.