Chapter 36: My Pawns

Start from the beginning

Surely it was obvious due to the reason Orochimaru was a former Konoha shinobi. No, but that was not it. There was something much more than that.

Danzo and Orochimaru are on cahoots. Naruto thought, dodging another swipe of the snake's tail. You might be wondering how he got to this conclusion.

Another simple deduction.

Danzo monitors a lot of things. Not to mention that he was one of the reasons that Itachi massacred the Uchiha Clan. Danzo does not know, but I did some snooping around during the years. Though I do not need to go to detail, but I did find something useful. Naruto thought, throwing a kunai right towards Orochimaru.

He has taken some of the eyes of the dead Uchiha. It's obvious on why he did this; for his own benefit. But why so many eyes? Why not only two? That's not important at all. The real question is: How is he going use 10 Sharingan without backlash? Simple. Hashirama cells. Naruto thought.

Though this is merely a guess, but Orochimaru must have Hashirama cells. There is no way Danzo could have gotten such cells without an outside source. Reason on why I think Orochimaru has Hashirama cells? Call it a geniuses' intuition. Naruto saw Orochimaru use the snake to block the attack.

The old man did say that Orochimaru was a genius. A genius that wanted to know everything in existence. Though it was vague, he must need the Uchiha's eyes to assist him in this conquest for knowledge. By why not take our eyes? Naruto thought.

His knowledge and information about Orochimaru does not move past these lengths. A lot of this info and thoughts were derived from the words of Hiruzen, The Third Hokage.

"We need to find an opening," said Naruto. He got a pair of nods to his sides. They were preparing for the very worst that was going to be thrown at them.

Suddenly, Orochimaru disappeared and appeared right in front of Team 7. While the two teammates were taken aback, Naruto took necessary measures for this.

He's taking action. He thought as a grey skeleton started to form all around him. An arm appeared and tried blocking the powerful force of Orochimaru.

It didn't work.

Naruto was launched back at a fast rate. Satsuki and Sakura appeared right behind him and pulled out a kunai from his holster. But before they could create contact, Orochimaru disappeared.

Just like how predicted. Satsuki and Sakura thought in unison. They immediately turned around with their prediction in mind. Orochimaru appeared right behind them.

"You almost had me there." Orochimaru had a mysterious voice that illuminated everywhere. He disappeared before they made contact. Satsuki clicked her tongue with such annoyance.

Naruto continued to observe as he dusted himself off.

God, this was such a pain to do.

Even though Danzo and him are in cahoots; it doesn't mean Orochimaru will tattletale that I am an Uchiha to Danzo. It's quite clear that he won't. Naruto thought, slowly approaching Satsuki and Sakura from behind.

Orochimaru was playing around with them.

Just from this encounter and the information that I have gathered, it seems like Orochimaru is the type of person who would selfishly not inform his acquaintances of things that will benefit him in the long run. Naruto was standing right beside the other two.

From this alone, we can deduce that he won't say a thing about my heritage to Danzo. I'll exploit this as long as I want to. But i could be wrong about Orochimaru and that he will tell Danzo about this. If that happens, then Naruto was officially done.