Chapter 6 (Too Soon and Too Late)

Start from the beginning

Jonathan nodded at me. "You're half right, but half wrong." I looked at him with a little irritation. He kept going on and on without telling me his true purpose. Does this have any meaning at all?! "She's not quiet, she's calm. And about her maturity, that's not entirely true. She could be goofy sometimes. And her goofiness could cheer someone. Even a crying kid."

I couldn't help but carved a stronger unconvinced face for his out-of-box statement. Well, I wasn't the one to judge since I didn't know her that well. Meanwhile he had been paying attention to her his whole life. I bet.

"I'll let you in on something." I braced for what was coming. "Her favorite food is actually chicken."

After hearing that, I was glad that I wasn't drinking anything. Or else, I would spit it on his face. What kind of beautiful girl ate such thing as their favorite food?! "C-Chicken?" Or at least, that was what I thought of how complex food choices for girls...

He put up his phone and showed me a clip of Jisoo with her friends from YouTube. He showed me several that contains everything Jonathan said about Jisoo.

Her goofiness, her cuteness, how she spelled some English words in some hilarious ways. All according to Jonathan's descriptive explanation.

And the answer... yes, she was really cute and goofy, just as Jonathan said... my eyes couldn't believe it as I tried to open my eyes wider and wider the more this girl became bizarre in my eyes. A 'beautiful calm' girl could be this playful, funny, like this?

He showed some more videos of Jisoo playing games with her Nintendo Switch. As soon as I detected a huge wide monitor on her room, my eyes felt like it would pop out of my skull if I opened it wider.

She's a freaking gamer?! Jonathan, who noticed how mind-blown-ed I was, grinned in satisfaction that the fact he spoke about went along with the expression he expected me to let out.

He scrolled down through the ocean of videos about Jisoo's crackhead montage. "Oh, you gotta see this one! She looks like a girl from another world!" Well, it wouldn't hurt to watch another. Hell, why would I, anyway? I needed some refreshing as well. We saw Jisoo who was playing with her hair.

And we just sat there for what it felt like forever, watching Jonathan's dream girl. Until... "Oh, look! I think this one is when Jisoo was with Rosé"

My heart sank deeply as instant as her name echoed inside my ears. Rosé?! What the hell is with this name?! The video started, showing Jisoo with... Rosie?! Rosé...Rosie... Rosé...Rosie! What the hell is this name?! What is this mind-blowing game?!

What kind of mind game is this?!

"Hello, I'm Rosé." The girl on my right introduced herself in an Australian accent that wasn't strange enough in my ears.

"I'm Jisoo." While the other introduced herself in a slow-pace English with some Korean accent in it.

"And we are Chae-Soo!"