I wasn't about to let John in merchandising cost me my job because, he thought I was being too emotional in our meeting when criticizing his department for doing a shit job last time due to them not listening to me.

Job drama back home aside, today is super important. It was the first time Dior wanted to collaborate for their spring/summer fashion show and it's only made my job a hundred times more stressful.

But after my talk with Evie and our progress in communicating more, she's been a huge help in relieving my stress in more ways than one...

"Valentina."

I snapped my head to Evie in the car to see we had arrived at our location.

"Oh, sorry" I mumbled to the driver who was holding my door open. I stepped out then turning around to hold my hand out to Evie.

My boss was here already and getting her photos taken for the arrival portion of the event where everyone shows up showing off what they're wearing. Followed by going inside and conversing with all the important people in the room while trying not to gag at the scent of cheeses passing by on trays the caterer provided.

"We don't have to do that do we.." Evie asked holding onto my arm as I lead us around the side to sneak inside the massive building that resembled a church.

"God no. My job is more behind the scenes so the only real conversing and presenting of myself is now when we go inside," I said pulling her closer to me as we squeezed through the crowds of expensively dressed celebrities and fellow designers attending the show.

I smiled nodding at people I've met before as I walked us towards the back to meet up with my boss once she was done.

"Oh my gosh.. is that Blake Lively?" Evie whispered to me as we passed a group of people entering. "Babe, oh my gosh it is! It's Blake! It's her, can we say hi? Oh please please can we say hi?!" Evie continued to jump up and down with small hops as she yelled in a whisper, tugging on my arm like a child.

I laughed lightly at her excitement and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Calm down or they'll think you're some crazed fan that snuck in. Maybe after the show if we get a chance, I'll try to see if we can say hi."

Evie smiled widely and nodded looking back as we walked down a long hallway to get to the dressing rooms.

I checked in with the security and got badges for both Evie and I. Then went and spoke with other representatives from my work until our boss arrived backstage.

"Valentina, lovely to see you!" An older woman walked over to where we were standing.

"Maria, lovely to see you as well! comment vas-tu chéri?" I asked being polite. This was one of the most important people in the entire building right now and I could almost feel myself shaking as I greeted her.

We leaned in air kissing each other's cheeks with a gentle hug.

"Ca va bien merci. Qui est cette charmante femme?"

( I'm fine, thank you. Who is this charming woman? )

"Oh, this is my fiancee Evie. She's my plus one this evening for the show," I smiled down at the petite blonde who politely smiled back at Maria.

"Je vois. Lovely to meet you Evie, I'm Maria Grazia. Congratulations on the engagement by the way.. I'll have one of my people send you both something nice soon. But if you need a gown let me know, I might be able to put a good word in for you" the older woman said winking at the both of us after she greeted Evie in a similar fashion.

We both laughed together and spoke with Maria for a little longer until she was needed again.

My boss eventually made her way backstage and I had to step aside from Evie as my boss was interviewed. As usual I was just by her side making sure she said the right things and helped make her look good if she stumbled on her words.