one

a/n: Please keep in mind this idea and first book was started years ago. I'm aware of the cliche areas and dramatic scenes, or cringy bits.

I'm hoping to rewrite one day. But for now this is the original version. I cringe myself because I originally wrote this at a younger age and at a different place in my life. Just be kind and if this isn't for you I understand, just simply remove it from your library.
-

Evie's View:

I smoothed the front of my summer dress down as I patiently waited for my students to come back from lunch.

Typically they'd walk back with me but, my teaching assistant was gathering them up today since there was a meeting.

"Good afternoon Miss Love!" A few of my kids shouted as they walked in the room.

"Good afternoon guys" I chuckled counting heads as each child made their way to their assigned table.

I only counted 10 when I knew I had 12 students total in my class. "Taylor.. where's Nani and Vivi?" I said with slight panic.

"Right here Miss Love!" Two voices said coming from behind Taylor.

The twins, Nani and Vivi, jumped out from behind my TA with huge smiles.

Letting out a sigh of relief I walked over to the girls and bent down at their height. "Girls... you know that prank makes my heart go crazy. Are you trying to give me gray hair already like an old lady?" I said tickling their sides.

The girls giggled and shook their head in sync.

"No! Cause then if you had gray hair, you'd have to be like that old lady in the story you read us! She swallowed flies and houses!" Nani exclaimed loudly waving her arms around.

I laughed at her animated comment, "Is that what you learned from the story? That old ladies with gray hair swallow flies and houses?".

Both girls nodded smiling with their big bright blue eyes staring into mine.

I shook my head still laughing and then pointed in the direction of their table, "Go on and sit down my loves".

Today we were learning about colors and counting so Taylor and I would hover over the students as they worked on their activity. Not that I put my students up against one another but, Nani and Vivi were the top students in the class.

I never had to worry about them not understanding the lesson or instructions that were given.

The girls always worked well with others but mostly kept to themselves as twins usually do.

It's been two months already into the school year and surprisingly I hadn't met the wonderful people who raised these beautiful babies.

Normally all parents showed up to the first open house event at our school. Nani and Vivi's parents however only sent a email apologizing and telling me to just email them back about how the girls were doing.

It concerned me but I thought nothing of it. Sometimes parents get caught up in things. Things I didn't quite understand because what could be more important than your own children's well being.

The afternoon bell rang meaning it was time for the parents or guardians to come pick up the kids.

Everyone formed a line as usual outside of our classroom and they all walked behind me as I lead them to the front of the school. While making a stop to drop off the kids who stayed in our after school program.

One by one each child was picked up until the remaining few were left still waiting on their ride.

"Miss Love" a voice said from behind me.