We sat like this, snuggling as I scratched her back until Evie spoke up breaking the silence.

"I'm so sore," she said making an uncomfortable noise as she moved her legs.

"You'll get used to it." I hummed, content with having her in my arms and it just being the two of us home.

"What are we doing today..?" Evie asked sitting up to face me. Her hands start to get lost in my hair as she gently massaged the back of my head.

"Mmm," I thought for a moment. "Well you have to go get Sophia right?" Evie nodded to me in response. "Okay, then you go get her and I'll let my moms know I'm gonna get the girls later so the three of us can spend some time together. How's that sound?"

"Sounds good to me. I guess it's still too early to introduce the girls to each other huh?"

"Yeah," I sighed wrapping my arms around her waist. "I don't want to officially do it until I know for sure I'm going to get to bring Sophia home. I don't wanna make Nani and Vivi excited for nothing.."

Evie nodded again with a slight frown before she kissed me and got off of my lap.

"Understandable. I'm gonna go make us some breakfast and then we can go get Soph." She said disappearing into the kitchen.

I smiled watching her cute behind walk away from me to the kitchen and opening the fridge doors in search for something to cook.

After we both ate breakfast and got dressed, Evie and I drove over to Addie's mother's house. The woman was kind and I didn't pick up on any weird or bad vibes when I got off to meet her at the door.

"She was just a doll. Luckily my grandbabies kept her company all night." She laughed as two younger girls around Sophia's age ran around the living room in the background.

I smiled kindly and chuckled lightly.

"Mommy!" Sophia came around the corner with her overnight bag smiling hugely and ran to me.

I picked her up in my arms and squeezed her tightly to me laughing at her excitement. "Hello, my love. Did you have fun at your first sleepover?"

Sophia moved back to look me in the eyes and nodded fast. "Mhm! We got to order pizza and stayed up watching a scary movie!" I over exaggerated my excitement just like I do with my five year olds and set Sophia back down.

"Wow, sounds like you had a blast. Say goodbye to everyone Sophia, Evie is waiting in the car for us." I said.

Sophia and I said our goodbyes then walked to the car hand in hand. While I put her bag in the trunk of my car I saw through the back seat, Sophia standing up to hug Evie who was in the passenger seat.

"Happy belated birthday mama." Sophia said sitting down in her seat as I climbed into the driver's side. I smirked glancing at Evie who blushed looking back at me, she still hadn't gotten used to the fact Sophia counted her as her mother too.

"Thank you sweetheart." Evie smiled facing forward and looking out the window.

It was lunch time when we came to pick Sophia up so Evie opted for having a picnic in the park. I didn't deny the request since it made me happy to see Evie smile so brightly at the idea. She had used the things I already had in my kitchen to make our lunches.

But then she made me stop to buy an actual picnic basket from Walmart. I had to bite my tongue on that one because I would've just tossed everything in a bag I had at home.

We arrived at the park and found the perfect spot near a large tree that provided some shade from the sun. Evie laid out the large blanket for us to sit on and Sophia set down the picnic basket she insisted on carrying herself.