Nani walked further into the room wearing Christmas themed pajamas rubbing her sleepy eyes still and lifted her arms.

"Hey sleepy head.. why are you up so early?" I asked quietly ignoring her comment earlier and picking her up. Holding her in my arms as she laid her head on my shoulder.

"Vivi snores and I wanted you to hold me." She mumbled still not realizing who I am.

"Hmm.. well how about you go lay out on the couch while I make breakfast for everyone?" I suggested leaning against the desk for support.

"No.." she whined tiredly. "I wanna lay in your bed mama, with you and mommy."

I panicked again at the name and sighed.
"Nani.. I think you're still asleep sweetheart. I'm not—"

"I love you mama."
She cut me off and practically stabbed my heart with her words. She was so sleepy still that she was dreaming I was her mom.

I glanced down Nani's face seeing her look like she had fallen back to sleep but I was unsure.

The door creaked in front of me and my head snapped up looking at Valentina standing there in her robe with an unreadable expression.

"Mama I want pancakes..." Nani mumbled still sleeping. My eyes widened and I looked to Valentina who had the same look.

She walked over to me taking Nani out of my arms and hushing her so she wouldn't wake up.

I didn't say anything and neither did she. Valentina just held her daughter in her arms and walked out of the room.

I closed my eyes sighing and grabbed my cup of coffee making my way out of the study. Closing the door behind me and going back to the kitchen, where I should've stayed in the first place.

A few minutes later after I chugged my coffee. Valentina came downstairs entering the kitchen cautiously with her arms crossed.

We stared at each other for a moment.

"What were you doing in the office?" She asked softly.

"I just wanted to tour the cabin a bit more... I got distracted by the photos and then Nani came in. I'm sorry.." I apologized looking down at my hands.

I heard her take in a deep a breath then letting it out. "She was sleepwalking. Which is rare but that was Yolei's office... no one's been in there since she passed. So I think you being in the room just confused Nani.. sorry if that freaked you out. She doesn't normally sleepwalk unless if she dreams. She won't remember any of it when she wakes up so.. don't worry."

I only nodded and glanced around the kitchen nervously. We just had sex for the first time last night and the most awkward wake up call.

Valentina walked closer pouring herself some coffee and leaned against the counter sipping it. She looked at me for a good while.. or at least I could feel her looking at me because, all I found interesting at the moment was the floor.

"Evie I'm not angry.. she was sleep walking like I said and you didn't know how to respond. I get it. And I'm not mad about you being in the office either, there's nothing important in there besides those photos anyways." She said taking a long sip from her mug afterwards.

"Good.. but still I'm sorry for intruding like that. I was just curious." I whispered at the end looking up at her finally.

Valentina gave me a soft smile and set her mug down to walk towards me.

I stayed leaning up against the island counter, gripping it's edges.

She wrapped her arms around my waist and dipped down to give me a quick peck. "You little miss..." she murmured against my lips changing the subject. "are a lot kinkier than you look on the outside."