"I don't know.. sounds like a reasonable deal considering you knew I didn't want to be hit with a snowball" I said kneeling down.

Evie looked at me scared and started to scoot away from like I was a serial killer coming after her with a knife. "But I'm sorry! I won't throw anymore snow!" She begged.

I clicked my tongue and pinned her down harshly. But the snow made for a good support.

"Too late" I said lifting the edge of her leggings and shoving the small pile of snow from my hand inside. I stood up after laughing at the scene below me

Evie screamed at the coldness of the snow and kicked her legs. Standing up just as quickly trying to get it all out. "IT'S SO COLD!" She yelled hopping and shaking the snow out of each leg.

Nani and Vivi including Abby all giggled from behind the tree watching Evie suffer.

"Don't throw snowballs next time" I said plainly walking back to the porch.

Disclaimer: I have noticed that some scenes about death & diseases can make some people uncomfortable. So I'm putting a warning now about it. I know these type of topics can trigger people if they know anyone personally in their lives who can relate.

So read at your own risk. I'm also here to say mentions of past abuse/sexual abuse will also be in this part.

Abby helped me put the girls to bed after they played a little longer in the snow.

Evie immediately went straight towards the bathroom to start a warm bath because she was sure that I froze her lady bits.

Whatever that meant.

I closed the door to our room and sighed undressing myself as I walked to the connecting master bathroom.

Evie had her back to me as leaned against the tub staring out the large window in front of her. Admiring the pine trees and landscaping.

"Enjoying the view?" I asked softly to not startle her.

Evie looked over her shoulder at me, dragging her wide eyes across my nude body for the first time and then smiled. "Always.."

I raised a brow to her and walked around the tub standing in front of the window. Evie looked up to me until I lowered myself to her level. Leaning on my hands against the edge of the tub.

"Mind if I join you?" I asked in a hushed tone.

Evie licked her bottom lip and I could see her throat visibly swallow. "N-no.." she replied with a shake of her head.

I smiled and stood straight walking to the side of the tub. Slowly stepping inside holding onto the edges and lowering myself underneath the water.

Evie turned around by now facing me as she sat back against the wall of the tub, as did I.

I reached over grabbing the bottle of lavender scented bath bubbles. Something I always kept in any place I owned because, it calmed me down during stressful times.

I poured some of the liquid into the bath with Evie watching my every move. I set the bottle aside and waded my hand in the water to stir the bubble mixture.

"That smells lovely.." Evie commented.

My eyes glanced up to her nervous ones.
"It's lavender.. helps me relax"

She nodded and continued to watch me from the other side of the bathtub.

I sighed getting comfortable and relaxing my head against the wall of the tub. "Evie.." I started, "can we talk about what happened earlier?"