The others in the room nodded their heads while looking at me in amusement, besides the whiny bitch who was glaring at me.

The man in charge walked towards me before placing a hand on my shoulder. "You're not going soft on me for Axarii and her kids are you, junge?" He asked me with a smile on his face.

"She's done nothing wrong and she's my best friend. None of you will harm her or her family while I'm around." I said before leaving without a second glance. Once I made it out I checked my phone and saw that I had a missed call from Axarii a few minutes ago.

"Who's this stranger calling my phone?" She asked when I called back. "You and I both know that I'm more than a stranger. I'm sorry I didn't answer when you called, I was occupied with work as usual." I said while smiling as I heard the show she was watching in the background.

"Are you watching Attack on Titans without me darling?" I teased out.

"Maybe... Now that you mentioned work which I was trying to avoid talking about, you have to come with me whenever I need to run errands for four weeks." She spoke out, me grunting in return. "I'm sorry, what was that?"

"Nothing."

A small laugh escaped from her.

"Yeah, I didn't think so."

****

Present, 2 weeks later..

Axarii's POV

"What are you doing?" I eyed him weirdly before the laugh I tried holding escaped from me. I was currently sitting in Grayson's office eating sushi that he somehow convinced me to eat. Winston was being a pain in the ass which was nothing new, asking me every five minutes how I was doing.

Grayson was now holding his chopsticks towards my mouth while making weird noises. "What does it look like? I'm trying to feed you but you're too busy being stubborn as usual." He spoke out before trying again, this time I opened my mouth.

"See now was that so hard?"

Ignoring him, I picked up some sushi with my chopsticks before pushing it towards his mouth, earning a shocked look from him.

"Don't look so surprised now. Come on, open wide!" I teased out. Instead of allowing me to feed him he took the chopsticks out of my hand before he ate it.

It's been about a week and a half since I've become Grayson's secretary.

On my first day here I ran into his old secretary that he claimed no longer worked for him... I got an old lady fired.

"Whatcha thinking about?" He asked me while leaning forward. "Oh nothing, I'm just trying to understand why I'm sitting here eating sushi in your office instead of working anddd why you lied to me about not having a secretary." A deep sigh came before he looked back at me.

"I'm on lunch break." He shrugged before leaning back in his seat. "Therefore, you're also on lunch break with me. And I did not necessarily lie about having a secretary. She's been the secretary ever since my father ran the company. That woman could barely lift a small stack of papers... it was only a matter of time left before I'd have to let her go." He stated out before sipping on his drink.

"That doesn't make me feel any less guilty. I took an old lady's job and didn't even need an interview!" I exclaimed before standing.

"Axarii calm down. Her and I talked it over and she's now retired. See? All is well. And it's been over a week yet you're still talking about me not interviewing you. I don't need to, you're great at what you do." He replied. I crossed my arms over one another hinting that I'm not gonna let this go, him raising an eyebrow in return.

A couple of seconds passed as we stayed like this before he sighed out in annoyance. "Fine. Do you want me to interview you now or?" He mocked out, earning a glare from me before I sat back down.

"Mrs. Knight was it?" I grabbed the nearest chopstick from the table, preparing to stab the man in front of me before he muttered out a dozen of apologizes which he did not mean.

"It's Ms. Miller Mr. Santiago." He nodded his head but I didn't miss the smirk he was trying to hide.

"Please, call me Grayson."

"So tell me... how old were you when you had those two angels that seem to hate me?" A small laugh escaped from me when he spoke of that.

The other weekend Grayson had stopped by the house to bring me my coat that I had forgotten at my desk. He tried talking to them but they only stared at him.. like legit stared him down until he left.

"Not sure how that relates to me working here but I was 20. Can you start taking this seriously Grayson?" I said.

"I am, I was just curious." He cleared his throat. "I'm just gonna ask the questions that really determine whether you get the job or not. Why do you want to work here? What makes you think you're qualified?" He asked while staring at me.

"I was in need of a job so that I could keep a roof over my children and I's heads and give them what they deserve. I have experience with being a secretary, good at fetching coffee and whatever else you need." I replied, him nodding his head.

"I see. You're hired, but I have one more question for you."

"Okay..." I said, watching as he leaned closer. "Will you want to have dinner with me tomorrow night?" I pretended to ponder about his question before I responded.

"Sure."

****

Hope you guys enjoyed the new chapter and sorry for it being so short!

Don't forget to VOTE❤️!!!