Epilogue

"This place gives me the creeps," she tells them again.

"We know, Mundy," Jimothy sighs. He scratches his nose as he looks around the Cafeteria.

Scout puts his hands on his hips. "It's oddly familiar in here."

She shrugs. "I guess." She adjusts her green captain's hat with a black brim. "What are your first tasks?"

Scout takes out PDA and taps around on it. "Uh... Electrical. Hmm, hey, Mundy, this feels familiar."

"You said that before," she nods as she takes out her own PDA. "I also have to go down there."

"Me, too," Jimothy seconds. "I have to go divert electricity to O2 and then I'm going to go stay in... Medbay." His face twists. "Deja vu hits different, man."

"I don't know why," Mundy starts, "we've never been here before. Let's get going."

I follow the three of them, phasing through the wall in Storage to make it to Electrical before they do. Con, Ten, Triple-A, and Battery wait there already, and I sigh. "Not much we can do, is there?"

"No," Triple-A shakes his head. The lights turn off, and I walk through the breaker box to watch. Brown and Lime fix the panel together, Brown yelling at Lime to stop touching the switches. "Not after twenty years, Ms. Morbid. I'm sorry, I did what I could."

"It's okay, Triple-A," I forgive him. We failed as adults all that time ago.

"It just happens," Cole shrugs as she floats in from Security. "Like it just hits you like a bag of bricks. You don't really know where you get it from."

Mundy, Scout, and Jimothy walk in, Ten standing next to me with her arms crossed. "So, you're meaning to tell me--"

"They don't know," Triple-A shakes his head. Mundy tells Lime and Brown to stop arguing and pushes them aside to get to the panel. She stares at it for a while, Orange filtering in and asking what's taking so long. Con sighs and stands in the middle of the conflict, no one acknowledging his presence. Our three give each other a specific kind of glare, almost as though they can see each other in the dark. Mundy turns to her side and grabs onto Lime, snapping their neck and running right through me, popping into the vent on what looked like pure instinct. Scout and Jimothy follow suit with the murder and getaway, and I cover my mouth, Ten sniffing as she's about to cry. "Not until now."