Farewell My Family(Part Two)

I sat silent in the train as its engine was fed coal to burn so to speak.It's roaring sound filled my ears as I watched the scenery of the passing forests from the window.

I hated this.Hated the fact of being taken away from my family.Hated that I couldn't explore those forests I gaze at right now.

Hate that there was a possibility I could die.

Hate that I couldn't see my own family again.

Hate,hate,hate,hate-

"Dream Clayton?"

My head shot up towards the door as i heard a voice call my name.I nodded in reply and the lady quickly wrote down some stuff on a little clipboard of hers.

She motioned for me to follow and so i did.I was too occupied with such negative thoughts that I hadn't took in the beauty of the train.

It's insides at least.

A shiver ran down my back as I rubbed my arms to keep the coldness at bay.Why,my hoodie wasn't helping a bit at all.

The lady stood in front of a door after a while and opened it,revealing a room filled with clothes strewn over everywhere.

If i could guess,this lady must be my fashion-designer.She had quite a style so that would explain it.

She introduced herself as Yelena,last name not revealed and never will be.We'll see about that.

"Come on,we only have until dusk to get yourself ready for presentation for the GameMakers."said Yelena,looking through the pile of clothes after she clapped her hands.

A group of people with wacky hair rushed in from a different door that i entered from,taking a glance at me before getting to work.

I was pulled down onto a chair and i felt hands doing whatever work they were doing on me.

To be honest,it felt quite relaxing considering there was someone massaging me.What luxury did i get out of this?I also don't know.

Just a free foot message i guess.

«Time skip»

I was getting tired after all the soothing and relaxing messages i was given by a lovely guy named Cole,quite nice too.

Once i thanked him,i turned to Yelena to see her pacing around her little corner of the room,mumbling some nonsense under her breath.

I cleared my throat,attracting her attention as she whipped her head towards my direction.Before i could even say anything,she tossed me a black suit and shoved me towards a smaller room connected to this room.

When I say shove,i mean a literal push that made me trip and almost fall.Jeez,how strong is that lady anyways.

Slipping on the suit,i surveyed it's fashion sense and it was actually nice.Not that I doubted any of the people waiting outside for me.

I mean,i did.Only a little bit though.

I did a few stretches here and there to check if it actually wouldn't just tear when i would be doing anything for this 'presentation' for the GameMakers.

Stepping out of the changing room,i heard gasps of delight as Yelena smiled in content.

"You look wonderful my dear."complimented Yelena,an emotion showing in her eyes that i couldn't quite put a finger on.

For the next few hours,the group and I bonded.I told them lots of things like how my favourite combat techniques were archery and close-combat.

I even showed them and taught them a few tricks with a flick of my wrist and a dagger.Whenever i did them,i'd get ooh's and aah's from the rest.

Only Yelena had shown no emotion.I could relate to her though,I too,have a wall of iron blocking anyone at all.

Maybe both of us can break each other's wall.Maybe.

Cole had just told a funny joke and all of us started laughing.Even Yelena.

We laughed so hard I started to cry.Once they saw my crying,they laughed even harder.That was disturbed from a sort of loud clearing of throat.

"Um,hi?Ash told me to come here."said Techno,who is apparently my partner in the Hunger Games.

My partner to death.

-Curry 🍛