𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐

Aurora jumps at the sight she sees and turns her head, only to turn it back to look again before they were out of view in the house and the person was gone.
"Are you okay? You jumped quite a bit there." Tyler Finchley asks his daughter concerned.
"Yeah, chills that's it." She ended it at that and stared out at the passing cars as they finally made their way into town.
At only a population of 4,034 in the town of Mystic, it was a lot smaller compared to the big city in california she was used to. It was only made up of the town square where all the shops were and four neighborhoods going off along it. The only unique thing in this town is Myst Manor which the Finchly family recently inhabited, not knowing the meaning behind it.
Compared to the mall squares in the cities of California the whole town square is less than half the size. As they drive through it they see the only place where you can buy groceries, a small, family owned store. Next to it is a small boutique where in the windows are mannequins wearing elegant dresses.
"Isn't this cool?" Tyler turns his head to look at his kids in the back seat.
"Very." Liv answers for her and Trevor, the two youngest kids look at their big sister waiting for her answer.
"Sure." Aurora shrugs out an answer, her two siblings content with her answers, they turn back to look out the window and gaze at the new town. They pull into a parking space at the end of the street. The five Finchley's exit the family car and scan the town square around them.
"Where to first?" Sarah asks her husband.
"Let's check out this," He points to a small store labeled 'Mystic's Shop of Horror' "That looks interesting."
"Only for a few we have to get food for the house." The family of five enter the store with the ding of the bell. The store was covered with objects that look straight out of a horror movie, which fits the name well. The twins looked at their parents with scared expressions, telling them with their eyes they wanted to leave, so that's what they did.
"Aurora come on," Her father tells her and four out of the five cross the threshold of the door, the teenager feels intrigued by the objects.
"I'll catch up later, I want to look around." Her father nodded and left the store leaving her alone.

Aurora walked down the shelf lined wall grazing her fingers along the objects wondering what each of them are. The last object was a book, it looked as if it's been through hell and back. She picks it up and examines it.
"That is a rare artifact." a voice from behind her said.
"And what is it?" She turns around and is met with someone standing behind her, a tall boy with dark brown hair and piercing green eyes.
"A skin bound bound book." He says it in the most normal way possible, after hearing those words she drops it to the floor instantly.
"Gross." Aurora gags out, the boy laughs and picks up the book. "How can you touch that?"
"If you think that's the grossest thing here you got a lot of things to see, I haven't seen you around before. Are you new?"
"Yeah, I'm Aurora Finchley just moved into some house called Myst Manor."
"I'm Cyfrin Hart." He stretches out his hand for her to shake, the teenage girl hesitates for a moment before shaking it, "Nice to meet you"
"Yeah you too, you said a SKIN bound book is the least grossest thing you have, what's the grossest?" Aurora raised her eyebrow at the boy.
"Well if you follow me," He leads her to the other side of the store. "This is something called a 'sanguinem sacrificium' which is blood sacrifice in latin." He points to a large vial enclosed in glass.
"What is it?" Her gaze set on the item.
"It's a combination of things, first you got the blood, then you have some pieces of whoever's heart." a shiver runs down Aurora's spine.
"Is it real?"
"As far as I know, yes. This town back in 1520-1820 was a hotspot for black magic. People thought this single spell could make you immortal. It was a way to prove yourself as a god like person." Cyfrin explains to Aurora
"What made it suddenly stop in 1820?" Cyfrin thinks for a second before answering Aurora, "The death of Emily Myst, her coven, volunteered her to perform the spell of immortality. After her mother raised her sibling to be the sacrifice she couldn't go through with it so she killed herself the day of the ritual was supposed to be completed. The book of the Myst Coven says once every 200 years on the summer solstice it can be completed." Aurora takes all of this information in, she learnt more about her new town in these 10 minutes then she has in all of her internet searches. The boy she met stands with her in silence as she stares at the vial.
"Did the coven disband after her death? Has there been any 'magic'." She puts finger quotes around the magic.
"Do you not believe in magic" Cyfrin asks her with a sly smirk, Aurora shakes her head. "Why not?"
"Never seen anything to prove the existence of magic." The boy shakes his head.
"Just because you've never seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist."
Aurora looks at her watch and sees the time, 6:30, she looks out the shop's window and sees her family walking out of the grocery store
"I have to go, nice meeting you." Aurora smiles at Cyfrin.
"See you again!?!" He shouts at her as she leaves the shop.
"Maybe!" she shouts back with a smile.