{Chapter 1- Brooch of Lórien}

Grace watches as Aragorn lowers himself and presses his ear to the ground, his heightened senses picking up the pitter patter of far away heavy footsteps. "Their pace has quickened," He looks up at the small band of what is left of the fellowship. "They must have caught our scents. Hurry!" He calls as he stands, his pace quickly going from a strut to sprinting. The group follows not long after, Grace and Legolas find themselves ahead of Gimli and not far behind Aragon.

"Come now, Gimli!" Legolas beckons to his friend before hurrying to catch up with the dunedain ranger. Grace slows and waits for her dwarven friend, fear of losing more people clawing at her mind. Gimli pauses in his steps and huffs, "Three days' and nights' pursuit. No food. No rest. And no sign of our quarry but what bare rock can tell." And with that he catches up to the elleth, who runs beside him.

The four run across plains of grass and rock, Aragorn in the lead. Legolas looks back now and again to check on his slower companions before turning and running once more. Aragorn suddenly stops and bends down, retrieving an elven brooch from the mud. He wait for them all the catch up before holding it up farther to show the group. Grace gasps and reaches out to take the brooch of her home from the ranger, "Not idly do the leaves of Lòrien fall." Her gaze then lands on Legolas who catches hers before turning to Aragorn, "They may yet be alive."

The ranger nods and a hopeful expression crosses Grace's face. "Less than a day ahead of us. Come!" He calls once more before Grace pockets the brooch and they set off to find their shirelings. Gimli stumbles and rolls, alerting Legolas to his literal disposition, "Come, Gimli! we are gaining on them!" Grace hurries to her friend and helps him up. Panting, Gimli speaks, "I am wasted on cross country! We dwarves are natural sprinters! Very dangerous over short distances!"

The group come over a hill and pause as they gaze across the plains below. "Rohan. Home of the horse-lords. There is something strange at work here. Some evil gives speed to these creatures, sets its will against us." Aragorn states. "Legolas, Grace, what do your elf eyes see?" Aragorn questions the elves. "The Uruk's turn northeast." Grace starts before Legolas interrupts, shocked, "They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!"
_(*)_
The light does not dare shine on the lands of Isegard, for the darkness rules every nook and cranny under the watch of Sauron.

Hey!!! I actually posted a chapter! Yes, I am still on Hiatus with this book, however...there will be slow updates!!

Anyways, here is chapter one :D

-Maxxie <3