one

it was a tuesday, a pretty normal one for her with slightly cloudy skies and a high chance of rain. london was always fairly gloomy, but she loved it there. originally, meredith was from new york in the states, but she and her family had moved to london when she was 17. now, she lived alone, not including her cat, stitches.

well, a normal tuesday until her stream, that was. as she was putting on her headset, she had to breathe in and out deeply to calm herself. today was the day that she tried to speedrun and get a record, and she had to stream it, too. she was glad that she didn't show her face, seeing as if she did, the viewers would probably see her anxiety peeking through.

she turned on her monitors, going through twitch and seeing her three million followers on it. she took a deep breath, pressing the 'go live' button and opening chat. immediately, thousands of people poured in without her having to post about it. after she did, however, the viewer count jumped from 50k to 200k really quickly.

"okay, hey folks!" meredith spoke, adjusting her mic so they could hear her better. "so the primary goal of this stream is going to be speedrunning! and more importantly, trying to break the world record. i think that i'm going to be using 1.15.2 today, since that's what i'm most familiar with. i've practiced a lot before, so hopefully, i can beat the world record in this stream."

opening up minecraft, she switched it so she was showing it on her stream. after going through a bunch of random seeds, she finally found one that she was satisfied with, starting her speedrun.

"so fair warning, i'm not going to be talking as much as i normally do because of concentration, but feel free to ask questions on dono's and i'll try to answer some of them as i run." she said while she was jumping down a desert temple. in it were some golden apples, enough iron to make a bucket and flint and steel, and some bread for food. there was a village nearby, so she quickly took the hay bales and iron from the golem from there, going off to find a lava pool.

"do you think that you are going to beat minecraft in first place? btw i love you." the robotic voice rang out.

her lip was pulled into your mouth in concentration as she made the nether portal, opening it to try and answer. "uh—yeah, thanks for the $10, allyplays! i think that i might be able to—holy shit! the fortress is right there!" she yelled, seeing one right across some lava from the portal.

"as i was saying, i think i might be able to since, well, the fortress is right here. i love you too!" meredith spoke. sprinting through the hallways, she placed a couple blocks down to mark where she came from as she ran. seeing a blaze spawner, she quickly got a couple and left the fortress, going to the portal to go kill some endermen.

"dream? more like pumpkin." another donation said. she furrowed her brow, looking around in the overworld and spotted an enderman near the water.

"dream?" she asked. "who are they? is that a person?" out of the corner of her eye, she could see the chat explode with new messages, all spamming dream. "woah, woah, chat, chill. mods, can you slow it? thanks."

after getting the ender pearls, she began looking for the stronghold. she glanced at the time, seeing 13 minutes. if she wanted to beat the first place, she had to finish the game in less than six more minutes.

"dream's another minecraft youtuber and he has the world record for 1.15.2 right now." the robotic voice spoke again. she slightly nodded, even though no one could see her.

"oh, so he's the one i need to beat. got it." she said as she went through the end portal. "okay, i have four minutes to kill the enderdragon. shouldn't be too bad, right?"

meredith shot down all the towers, waiting until the dragon got to the middle and began placing the beds she got earlier from the village down and exploding the dragon. three minutes, 54 seconds later, she got the achievement for killing the dragon, quickly jumping in the portal and finishing the game.