"Why'd you pick a losing case then?" Tuck raised a brow.

"He's been a long term client at the firm. Even his father before him." Eva sighed.

"Right. So, you defended a murderer." Tuck said.

"You gotta do what you gotta do." Eva said.

"Sure," Tuck nodded, controlling his urge to roll his eyes, "Well, I'm getting late—"

"You know that we want you, right?" Eva began, "Carter, Garrett & McCallen would do anything to get you."

"And I've lost count of how many times I've given you my answer." Tuck said as turned around, already walking away from Eva.

"Oh, come on, Tuck," Eva followed, "How long are you going to keep up with this charade? Yeah sure, it's good work. You put away bad guys and help the helpless. Great! But do you really think it's worth living in a one bedroom apartment in the shitty part of town for the rest of your life?"

"My answer's not going to change, Eva, you should know that by now."

"Look," Eva said, grabbing Tuck's arm to stop him, "You come to Carter, Garrett & McCallen, I bet they'll directly offer you to be Junior Partner. Maybe even Senior if you play your cards right. You're good and they know it. And they WILL value it."

"Don't make me get a restraining order against you." Tuck answered, making Eva laugh as she retreated her hand.

"Fine. I will change your mind one day!" Eva said before turning and walking in the opposite direction.

It had been a long week and Tuck couldn't wait to get back home, watch a random movie, and drink beer till he passed out. It was a twenty minute walk from the court to his apartment complex, and he somehow managed to drag himself back.

He groaned when he saw Dan waiting outside for him. Daniel Sánchez and Tucker went to college, as well as law school together. They were co-workers now and even used to share an apartment, but Dan eventually moved out when he started dating Paige and the two decided to live together.

Poor Tuck had to move out of their old apartment too, and live in the one bedroom he was in right now as he couldn't pay the entire rent on his own and he also knew he couldn't tolerate any other roommate other than Dan.

"Did you lose the spare key again?" Tuck asked as he unlocked the door to his apartment.

"I didn't lose it! I just misplaced it," Dan rolled his eyes when he saw Tuck glaring at him, "I'm sure it's around the house somewhere."

"I'll have to ask Paige to look for it," Tuck muttered, opening the fridge to take out two beers before passing one to Dan, "What are you doing here?"

"My bachelor party." Dan stated.

"Las Vegas. Next Thursday. What about it?" Tuck asked.

"I might not be to able to make it." Dan frowned.

"You won't be able to make it to your own bachelor party? You realise how stupid that sounds?" Tuck said and Dan groaned.

"I meant that we'll have to cancel Vegas. I have.." Dan paused, "I have other commitments that day."

"What other commitments? We scheduled the dates weeks ago. Is it an urgent hearing?" Tuck raised a brow.

"No, it's..," Dan's frown deepened, "You're going to kill me. But it's a job interview. I can't reschedule it."

"A job interview?" Tuck asked, keeping his beer on the counter, "Where?"

"Finley and Boulder." Dan said, carefully eyeing Tuck.

"Great. I'm happy for you, man." Tuck said, and Dan squinted his eyes.

"You are?"

"No! What the fuck, man? I thought you'd never sell out to those pretentious fucks in thousand dollar suits! What happened to never being a whore for the corporations?" Tuck raised his voice.

"Look, I would never do this—" Dan was cut off by Tuck.

"You are doing this!" Tuck pointed out.

"I don't want to!" Dan cried out, "But you know how it is.."

"Is Paige making you do it?" Tuck asked.

"No! Of course not," Dan gulped, "Well, not directly, anyway. You know she supports me.. us.. in our career choice but it's just.. I want to be good enough for her."

"And you think bringing more money would make you good enough? She earns enough on her own." Tuck said.

"I know! I know! Look, it's just an interview. I don't know whether I'll get it or not. And if I'll take it even if I do end up getting up. I just want to explore my options." Dan explained.

"Whatever, man," Tuck took a sip from his beer, "You're going to be a family man. Fuck your ideals. Who cares?"

"This is why I didn't want to tell you." Dan groaned, resting his head between his arms on the counter.

"Bullshit. You can't keep secrets from me and you know it." Tuck said and Dan chuckled, "So, what are we going to do for your bachelor party then? I was really looking forward to Vegas and some good ol' gambling."

"Let's just hit up some club like old times." Dan suggested.

"I feel too old for clubs." Tuck said.

"You're twenty seven. You're not old." Dan replied.

"I said that I feel old, not that I am old." Tuck chuckled, "But sure, let's do it this weekend then."

"Done."

***