Chapter Five: Error

How long had she been here? She couldn't tell, for time was irreverent here. In this nothingness of complete white. Purple tears forever stained her face, coming from her eyes to her chin. Her skin turning a ghostly white. Her eyes black, except for the purple diamond pupils. Her mouth full of tongues, five to be exact. Maddie had changed to say the least. The torturing, the screaming, the glitching. Ah yes, a side effect for being trapped in the Anti-Void for however long she was trapped there. Beside Maddie laid the shattered pieces of her soul. When she destroyed it so long ago, only to still live on, with no emotions. Maddie started to hum a tune.

"Why scream, when there's no one to hear me? Stuck in my own travesties, I wanna set myself free. Stuck in this forever search. When there's no one there to help, wanna escape this hell,"

The voices screamed louder, but the human, if you could even call Maddie that, didn't hear anything. You get use to them after awhile. They were just a faint buzz in the back of her head. Suddenly, something urged Maddie to get up. To continue on.

'That's weird,' Maddie pondered.

She had lost hope so long ago, but the feeling to get up and to do something kept growing her chest, until she finally accepted it. Maddie grunted as she stood up, and felt satisfaction when she felt her back pop a few times. She looked around. And took a step.

'Your time has come. But we can't call you by your original name, now can we? The multiverse needs a name that they will say and be disgusted by,'

Ah, Fate was back. It had been a while since Maddie had heard from her. Or had it only been a few minutes? Welp, didn't matter anyways. But what would she be called? Maddie started to glitch out more as she thought. Then, it snapped in her mind. Glitch. Had a nice ring to it. And described her as the person she was.

'For once, you aren't dumb and pathetic. But only for a second! Hehe. Glitch. The sad excuse for an entity finally needs help destroying. You may actually have a purpose again! Isn't that great?'

Maddie nodded in excitement. It was! She was taken for this moment. Prepared for this moment. And now, she was ready for this moment.

'Hm, but you can't remember your past life. That would just bring more problems to my precious child, INK,'

Maddie stopped. Her eye lights gone. Ink, a name she had learned to despise. He was the one that did this to her! If he had only listened to Fate, then she wouldn't be here. In all honesty, Maddie didn't want to destroy. At first she had protested against Fate. She was punished horribly after that. Maddie learned that she didn't have a choice, and that as long as the Creator kept creating, she and Error would have to keep destroying. She also learned that she was stuck here, forever, as a demi-god. Her past meant nothing now, but sometimes she missed Mike. Perhaps forgetting would be for the best.

'Goodbye, and don't mess this up, GLITCH,'

Strings wrapped around Maddie's waist, and before she was sucked into the darkness, she whispered her name one last time, knowing she would never hear it again. 

Glitch bolted upright. She was still in the Anti-Void, but it was different. Strings hung above her head, with what looked like souls and puppet's connected to them. Off to the side was a black skeleton, with error signs floating around him. Glitch stood up, and looked at the skeleton.
(Error's dialogue is stupid squid just to clear that up. I too lazy to make it look like glitches.) 

"So you're the unfortunate human Fate collected," said the black skeleton, "Name's Error, you're Glitch, right?"

Glitch nodded. She turned her head to view her surroundings. There was only a beanbag, a hammock, and a box of knitting supplies. She turned back to Error.

"Well, I suppose we should get to know each other," Glitch mused, "We are going to be stuck here with each other from now on,"

Error sighed and walked over to the beanbag. Glitch watched as he plopped himself down.

"H-hey! It's not nice to abandon someone mid conversation!" said Glitch.

She could hear Error chuckle.

Error's POV.

Fate had spoken to me today, saying how I was useless and what not. But what surprised me is when she said she had gotten me someone to help with destroying things. I was shocked and angry. Fate promised that she wouldn't drag anyone else into this! But since when did Fate ever keep her promise? There was a sudden popping sound, and a human appeared on the ground. Or... something that used to be human. They had purple tears running down their face, like my blue ones. Their skin so pale that they could qualify as a ghost. The human then woke up. Error could see the diamond pupils.

'Weird,' Error thought.

The human stood up, and turned to look at him. Error decided that he would be the first one to speak.

"So you're the unfortunate human Fate collected," said Error, "Name's Error, you're Glitch, right?"

Error watched as Glitch nodded. The human then looked around his humble adobe. They then turned back to him. 

"Well, I suppose we should get to know each other," Glitch mused, "We are going to be stuck here with each other from now on,"

Error took notice of how the voice was as glitched as his, but was able to tell that the human was female. He sighed and walked over to his beanbag. He plopped himself down.

"H-hey! It's not nice to abandon someone mid conversation!" said Glitch.

Error chuckled. Perhaps this human would make a good friend. Though... he could feel like Glitch didn't deserve the 'Friend Title'. 

Well screw this! My book has now become an Error x Reader! YAY. You probably hate me for this but who cares? Certainly not me! Stay safe guys. I also got passed my writer's block. That's a plus. Word Count: 1027