Chapter 2 - Feyre

Some parts are directly taken from A Court of Wings and Ruin, especially towards the end, I merely changed it to third person, added Aelin and changed a few things to make things fit. The beginning is my own. If you want to read the real part yourself, in my copy it is page 463 – 467. The High Lords meeting ends on page 445. I hope this clears up where in ACOWAR we are, please ask if anything is unclear.

Feyre jumped from the bed as a loud crash woke her. They were in the palace at the Dawn Court, the morning after the meeting. Six of the seven High Lords had decided to fight against Hybern, which wasn't bad at all.

She brushed against the wall surrounding Rhys's mind. Rhys, something's wrong.

Less than a second later, her mate opened his eyes, immediately alert. He was about to ask what was wrong, when another crash came from the sitting room. Rhys got out of the bed and dressed both of them with a snap of his fingers.

Feyre grabbed his hand and pulled him to the door. She threw open the door and took in the suite.

The door to the hallway was wide open, which wasn't a good sign, since they'd locked it the night before. It wasn't broken, however, and neither was the lock. Feyre's eyes trailed from the door to couches, which were toppled over. From the corner of the room a loud, enraged tweeting sounded, and when Feyre looked, she saw that one of the bird's cages had fallen over as well. It was as if a hurricane had run through the room.

Feyre followed the path of destruction with her eyes and, at last, reached the window, where a figure stood, holding a man pinned to the window.

"You just had to make a mess and wake everyone up," the figure said, sounding incredibly annoyed, "I wanted to do this quietly, let everyone enjoy their beauty sleep, and ask when they woke up what they wanted to do with the body of their would-be assassin."

The figure sounded female, but Feyre couldn't be sure if they were. They wore a long, pine green cloak, reaching all the way to the floor. The ends of it seemed to be stained slightly black. The person wore the cloak with the hood up, concealing all their features.

Feyre looked more carefully at the pinned man. He was bleeding from several wounds, and he had a bloody nose. Strangely, his blood seemed to be black.

The figure grabbed a blade from under their cloak and pressed it to the man's neck. The cloak fell back slightly, revealing the skin-tight black material underneath. "What is your name." It didn't sound like a question to Feyre.

The man at the window laughed, dark hair falling into his eyes, which Feyre could now see were black. "Your human tongues cannot pronounce our names."

The figure sighed. "I thought so." Then Feyre saw a flash as the figure moved the blade in their hand. They separated the man's head from his shoulders with one clean cut. Black blood sprayed and coated the figure's knife as the body slumped to the ground. "Gods, what a mess," the figure sighed, wiping their blade on their thigh.

Then they turned to Feyre and Rhysand and pushed their hood back from their face.

She was definitely female. The first thing Feyre noticed were her striking eyes, bright blue with a ring of gold, then the blond hair, practically gold in the light, tightly braided back. The next thing Feyre noticed were her ears: they were round.