Furniture Land

"Ugh!" Santana roared through the apartment, and Quinn immediately stuck her head around the kitchen doorway with a curious frown as pancakes sizzled on the stove. "I am so hot!"

"I know!" The blonde called back, still frowning, "There's no need to brag?"

Santana wandered through to the kitchen with a heavy scowl, pulling a thin tshirt over her head as Quinn turned back to the pancakes. "I had a shower like ten minutes ago and I'm already sweaty!" She held her hands up in frustration, her fingers curled into claws, and Quinn sniggered, shifting the pancake around the pan to flip it over.

"I know. Maybe we should think about installing air conditioning?" The blonde mumbled absent-mindedly, and Santana's lip curled.

"Ugh, and how much will that cost?" She hoisted herself onto the counter, smiling momentarily as Quinn passed a pancake onto a plate and handed it over to her.

"I have absolutely no idea. Maybe we should just get a fan?" She shrugged as she poured the batter into the pan once again.

"Better plan." Santana nodded, pouring syrup all over her pancake.

"Okay, I spoke to Rachel while you were in the shower." Quinn pointed to her with the end of her fork and Santana frowned, her eyes wide. "She said Jess is bringing cocktails, Brittany is organising my cake for dessert, she's going to make her salad, as always, and is also going to bring cous cous and potato salad. And her own vegan burgers-"

"Ew, no!" Santana grimaced through a mouth of pancake, "She's not putting her fake meat all over my barbeque!"

Quinn rolled her eyes, flipping another pancake, "What are you talking about? We don't even own a barbeque. If you had let me finish, I would have told you that Puck has one he's going to bring with him. And I text Sam and forced him to buy the meat because it's my birthday." She turned to wink at Santana, and the brunette chuckled.

"So all we need to do is buy chairs, a table and decorate for a party. Awesome." She grinned, and Quinn nodded, turning to lean her hip on the counter beside her.

"Yeah, I'm thinking Hawaiian theme." She nodded, turning back to the stove to serve her own pancake, "You know, grass skirts, coconut bras, Hawaiian shirts, Puck making lots of puns on the word 'lei'."

"Haha wanky." Santana chortled to herself as Quinn reached for the syrup. When she was finished she placed the syrup back in the cupboard before padding through to the living room, Santana following behind. The blonde had already flung the windows open, and the thin curtains were flapping in the warm breeze as Santana flicked the TV on.

"We're going to have a pretty busy weekend, huh?" Quinn raised her eyebrows at the brunette as she stuffed a forkful of pancake in her mouth, a large glob of syrup running down her chin. Santana leaned over to wipe it off with her thumb, nodding regretfully.

"Yeah, barbeque tomorrow and then Rachel's Company opening on Saturday." She shook her head, rolling her eyes, "I vote we do nothing but lay in bed on Sunday."

"Agreed." Quinn nodded firmly.

"So are we going shopping for patio furniture today?"

"If you want to." Quinn shrugged, "I have a pick-up for birthday cakes at one, but we could go after that?"

"Okay. Who's the pick-up for?" Santana asked, suddenly frowning in suspicion, "It's not for a Prittany Bierce is it?"

Quinn giggled, shaking her head, "No!"

"Oh God, I thought for a second she might try to get you to make your own birthday cake." Santana replied, rolling her eyes, "That's okay then."

"Yeah, it's some Happy 50th Birthday Charlie thing." She shrugged, "Don't worry."