"Mari—"

"YOU GOTTA MAKE A STATEMENT, YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND SAY, 'What am I willing to put up with today?'—" she paused and inhaled deeply, first clenched her forehead and then used her fingers to point both her hands at the meteor, in a comical squat position—"NOT FREAKING THIS-"

Too late.

She already snapped.

Welp.

He'd not want to be the villain.

*

It had been five minutes since Marinette's terrifying mental breakdown and with the help of Alya, who assured everyone that Marinette was not on her period, and Adrien, who was bringing Marinette hot chocolate from her parents' bakery, she seemed to calm down.

"Okay, now what about the meteor?" Marinette who was now back to her senses started getting back in her hero mode.

The meteor which seemed to be miles away was now closing in on Paris, the probable sentimonster-creation now targeting the Eiffel Tower.

(I don't know anything about how long it takes for a meteor to hit the earth so I presumed it would still be in the air considering the meteor would be visible only after it crossed the troposphere-mesosphere boundary and it would take it some time and since it is an illusion if you haven't figured that yet- it won't necessarily follow the laws—annnd I am nerding out, right-)

Okay, but like, what did the bad guys have against the Tower?

'Gotta do something-' 

Both the heroes simultaneously thought the same thing and, well, when that happens—

"I think I need to go to the bathroom."

The blond and the bluenette whipped their heads in each other's direction and the oblivious pair of idiots blushed momentarily, before turning in the other direction.

"You know, if you guys wanna ditch the city mid-crisis and have a make-out session in the bathroom, you don't have to be that obvious about it," Alya said dryly.

Both the teens' heads exploded and heat rushed to their faces. They somehow muttered out a pathetic, "I-IT'S NOTHING LIKE THAT!"

"B-Besides, you know we see each other as friends, Als." Marinette let out a disappointed sigh.

See, the thing is, Marinette didn't know about Adrien's sudden developments and didn't want to weird Adrien out AND embarrass herself further, so, to save both of their butts, she conjured up this excuse.

Adrien tried not to show his heartbreak. He succeeded.

He wanted to come clean about his feelings to Marinette by this evening, after school. He really thought that Marinette liked him as well.

I mean, what other explanation could there be to her shyness and stuttering around him? He looked it up and it also made a lot of sense that she had a crush on him, since, well, whenever the two of them were together, Alya always seemed to be more sly than usual. And more teasing as well. Also, he acted that way around Iris too. And he did use to like her. 

The stuttering. The awkwardness. The cute blushes. None of them were because of him.

Marinette didn't see him as more than just a friend.

Guess he was just being delusional.

 Hah...

To even think someone as kind, caring, beautiful and awesome as Marinette could fall for such a goofball, nerdy geek with free daddy issues like him.