𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

• • • • • • •

• • • • • • •

charlotte and the boys reappeared in front of a huge hotel on sunset boulevard.

"this is the place?" she asked alex, who nodded.

"this is the address willie gave me."

"huh."

the four of them stared up at the building, with its flashing lights and neon signs all over it.

"it's right out in the open." luke said. "you'd think we would notice it."

"i guess it's hiding in plain sight, or something." she shrugged. "is willie meeting us out here or inside?"

"inside, i think." alex said, and led the way to the entrance.

before he even got to grab the doorknob, the french doors swung open to a tall man in a bright white suit. he had a shimmer about him, so subtle that only another ghost would notice it.

"welcome to the hollywood ghost club."
he spoke in a vaguely robotic voice as he scanned their faces.
"we've been waiting for you four."

reggie and charlotte shared a quick glance, then followed him inside.

he led the four down a staircase, then opened another set of french doors for them.
the buzz of people and laughter hit their ears immediately as jazz music played from a stage down another set of grand staircases, and people, or ghosts, dressed in evening gowns and tuxedos filled the space. a sign with 1920's-style print read "hollywood ghost club" on the wall.

charlotte walked over to the railing and peered out over the crowd.

"that's a lot of ghosts." she remarked.

"i don't know about this." reggie said. "this place is creepy."

"well, so are we." alex teased. "if you get scared, though, you can hide behind me. i'll be hiding behind luke."

"i think we're a little over dressed." luke chuckled with a smirk at his beat up jacket.

"what did i tell you guys?" charlotte shook her head with a smile. "i knew it wasn't a casual club."

he scoffed. "reggie, if your girlfriend's gonna keep making fun of us-"

"dude." alex smacked luke's arm and gave him a pointed look.