A Couple

Kate's POV

"So fuck it, Kate will you be my girlfriend?" 

I stood there shocked, I never expected this conversation to go like this. But I was so happy, I nodded yes excitedly and jumped into his arms. He stumbled back a little but regained his balance, "I'll take that as a yes" he chuckles out and readjusts me so I don't fall. My feet were dangling in the air as I held onto his neck, he had his hands on my waist to hold me up as well. 

After a couple minutes of me hanging onto him like a monkey, I let go and smiled up at him. 

"I should probably get back to your brothers and Blake" Carters says still with his hands resting on my waist, I nod and take a step back so he can leave. "But I'll see ya around, Babe." He winks as me before leaving me room. I can't believed he called me 'babe' but I loved it, I could definitely get used to hearing that. I jump onto my bed with a big grin on my face and get back to my schoolwork.

Carter Peters, the star football player, was my boyfriend. 

***

The next morning I was sitting at the kitchen island working on financial literacy, and if you are wondering it's boring as hell. The boys were at school, Daniel was at work, and Dana went to coffee with friends. 

The house was completely silent, it was pure bliss. I didn't have to wear something to cover the scars, so I had a sports bra and sweats on. I typed away answering questions from the lesson and didn't pay close attention to my surroundings. 

My phone started going off and it was Connor, I picked it up and answered the call. 

"Is everything ok?" I ask getting that gut feeling that something was wrong.

"Me and the guys went the diner for lunch and Mike is here. He isn't talking to me, he's just staring. You got rid of him last time, can you come do it again?" Connor said, I could hear the worry, this was bad. 

"Uh yeah, I'll be there in 5 minutes. Try to stay calm and act like you don't see him." I end the call and go change into leggings and put a jacket on, then rush out of the house. 

This town is super small, so the walk was short. I walk into the diner and see the boys sitting at the table, there is an open seat in between Carter and Connor. I walk over and sit down. Connor looked very uncomfortable, I said hi to the boys and looked around the room for my birth dad. I spot him at a table in the corner staring at me, I take in a deep breath and look to Connor. 

"I'll go deal with him, relax and eat. When you get home we will talk to Dana and Daniel about getting a restraining order" I smile at my brother and squeeze his hand. I turn to Carter and kiss his cheek before getting up and making my way to Mike's table. He looks completely confused by me coming over, I watch him shift uncomfortably and look down. I take the seat across from him and keep my face blank. 

"Stalking your fuck up son is weird, ya know" I deadpan

"Is that your boyfriend?" He finally looks up and meets my eyes, I truly hated this man. 

"Answer my question first."

"I just wanted to see my son, I heard he is having great football season" He say looking over to Connor again. I take another deep breath to keep myself calm, I can't make this worse for Connor even though I don't fully understand why he is so affected by this. 

"You lost the right to call him your son, he has a family, I have a family. So please just leave us alone or we will be taking legal action to keep you away" I get up from the table and walk back over to the boys, Carter watches me intently and Connor is looking down. The others are talking amongst themselves, I sit back down and watch my birth dad leave. He gives and apologetic smile, to which I return with my middle finger. Carter chuckles at my gesture and Connor just smiles.