Meeting him

Kate's POV

I woke up in Carter's arm which was nice, he was still sleeping but had a death grip on me. Since I couldn't move I just study Carter, seeing him up close was... well I can't find the words to describe it but I like it. I could see his perfect sharp jaw, the light stubble lining it, and his skin was perfectly tanned from the Texan sun. And how can I even describe this man's body other than sculpted by the gods themselves, he truly was perfect. Carter is kind, loving, caring, and he is very attractive. I didn't deserve him, he deserves a sweet normal girl who doesn't have the problems I have. I'm dirt compared to Carter.  

Carter stirred and pulled me closer, if that was possible. "Morning" He whisper and kissed my forehead, "Morning" I responded back quietly. We cuddled for about an hour more, I looked over at the clock and started freaking out. I shook Carter's large shoulders, "Get up, we're late for school" His eyes go wide at my words and we both rush to get ready, I pulled on my jeans and decided against wearing my shirt from yesterday since it never got washed. Luckily there was an extra tooth brush in the bathroom and in 10 minutes we were walking out of the house to Carter's truck. 

We some how got to first period before the bell and took our spots, I looked over at Carter with a smile. I couldn't help but smile at him, I don't know why though.

Shortly after class started the intercom came on, "Can I have Kate Andrews to the office" it shouted, I looked over to Carter. He shrugged his shoulders in confusion, but gave me a reassuring look. I grab my things and walk to the office, Dana and Kendra were standing at the desk talking to the office lady. 

My stomach dropped to my feet, something felt off. Once I opened the door they all looked at me, "Kate, today you are going to see your father. I'm sorry this is such sort notice, but today is the only day we could do it" Kendra said as she grabbed my hand to give it a kind squeeze. I nodded and followed Dana and Kendra to the car, it was times like these I wish I had a phone. I wanted to text Carter and tell him what was happening, but I can't. My leg was bouncing like crazy and my palms were extremely sweaty, why was I so nervous.

Dana pulled in front of the coffee shop, my dad wasn't there yet so we order our coffees and waited for him. 

After 10 agonizing minutes a middle aged man walked in, he slightly resembled my father from when I last saw him just this man had tattoos. Kendra noticed him and went to greet him, he smiled at me and I decided to walk over to Kendra. 

"Hey Kate" The man said with a smile and tears in his eyes, "Hi Dad" I said quietly. It was weird saying Dad to someone again, I haven't said it years. "Well why don't you 2 go find a table, me and Dana will be sitting over there if you need anything" Kendra then walked back over to the table leaving me alone with my father. 

"I'll go find us a table and you can get your coffee" I say and then walk back over to where Dana and Kendra were to get my tea. "And Kate, if at any point you want to leave, give me a peace sign and I will make something up" Kendra said with a small smile, I nod and go to a table in the corner of the shop. My dad soon comes to the table and sits, at closer inspection of his face I see a small tattoo under his eye.

It's a teardrop.

Teardrops under an eye like that mean you killed someone, is it about my mom or did he kill someone in prison?

"So tell me everything that has been going on" He says with a smile, breaking my from my internal breakdown over the tattoo.

"I'm 17 now, still not doing any sports, and there isn't really much to my life. With moving around so much I never really found a hobby" I say tracing the rim of my mug, "You look so much like your mother" He says. I hate him talking about her, then I remember me and Connor's fight and how Dad only wants me. Before I could stop myself the question escapes my mouth.