The fight

Kate's POV
---------------
I walk back in the house to see Connor sitting in the living room with all of his friends minus Carter. I knew he wouldn't be there since I just walked back from his house. I was lucky Carter saved me and then let me stay at his house for the rest of the day. I try to walk past them but someone grabs my arm.

"Where were you" Connor growled, I glared at him.

"No, where the hell were YOU, when I was being choked out in the fucking hallway" I said poking his chest, all of the anger came bubbling to the surface. Years worth of anger and confusion on why my own twin didn't love me enough to protect me from his friends.

"How is it on me? You were the one who didn't fight didn't fight back!" He said, I knew there were other people in the room, but I couldn't give one flying fuck.

"Oh I don't know, because I thought maybe my own flesh and blood would stick up for me for once or because everytime I have fought back I would get hurt more. Remember Seth's house?" I said bring up the painful memory from when we were 14.

"It's not on me to protect you Kate, and it's not my fault you came home late that day and Seth did what he did!" Connor screamed at me.

"Actually Connor I think you forgot who we are, we are foster kids. I'm all you had for 10 fucking years. You know you would be dead if it weren't for me, so yes I would like for my brother to stop someone from attacking me. And it wasn't my fault either what Seth did, it was yours! You had your friend drive me home and he attacked me, making me late!" I yell back, I shaking in anger.

"Don't you bring up us being foster kids, we have a family now Kate! They want us, but you are to fucking blind to see that!" He yell back and waved his arms around to show the house we are in.

"Connor you have a family. I have been here for less than a week and I already being call a monster and being physically assaulted in the school halls! And you haven't done anything about it. In fact it was your friend who stepped in and stopped the asshole from killing me instead of you! So please explain to me what I have done to make you hate me and not want to protect me!" I scream, hot tears were streaming down my face and onto the floor. Connor went silent, he had his mouth open but nothing came out. He finally was seeing it.

"I'm going to go see mom's grave. Maybe by the time I get back you will realize what it's been like for me" I say calm and walk out. Carter is standing on the porch, he must had heard everything. I tried to smile but I couldn't.

"Come here" He said calmly and pulled me into his chest, I barely knew the guy but I felt ok with him protecting me. I had a death grip on his shirt to keep him from leaving me. I needed someone who actually seemed to care. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother but I forgot how abandoned he made me feel when stuff like this happened. It had been like this since my parents died. I would get bullied and be friendless, while Connor would hang with the popular kids who harassed me.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked stroking my hair, I shook my head no and pulled him closer.

"I-I need time alone. Thank you Carter" I pulled away and gave him a small smile. He nodded and he walked into the house. I walked along the sidewalk and too the bus stop. The bus so came and I got on.

2 Hours later I was sitting next to my mom's grave. It was getting dark outside but I needed to see her, she would hate seeing me and Connor fight. She always told us we were each others protectors. I took that to heart, Connor didn't. I started playing with mom's necklace, it was the last thing I have of hers.

"I don't know what to do Momma... Everything is just so fucked up. This was never supposed to happen, I wish you stayed home that night. If you did, you and Dad wouldn't have fought, he wouldn't have gotten drunk, and he wouldn't have crashed the car. I try not to hate Dad, but it's hard. Because of his drinking choices you died and we all paid the price. I think you and Dana would have been friends, her personality is a lot like yours. I like Dana, she's nice, but I don't want to replace you. I know you would want me to move on and be happy, but I can't. I needed you. Connor called her mom, and he can't even see why I would be upset over it. He expects me to just move in there and immediately act like I'm apart of their family, he lived there for a year. I've lives there for a week, and the only person besides Dana who has acted like they care was Connor's friend Carter. He was nice to me when I was an asshole to him. He was the one who stood up for me when Connor wouldn't, I bet you would like Carter. He is probably the guy you would tease me about and tell me I should date him. I barely know him but he makes me feel safe, Connor never did that. Now that I think about it Connor is selfish, he never did anything to protect me. He always told his friends to leave me alone but they would mess with me anyway and he did nothing to stop them. Why did this happen to our family? We were happy, but then our whole world got ripped out from under us. I wish it was me, you didn't deserve death. I have done so many fucked up things, I'm a horrible person. I wish I was dead." I spilled all of my feeling to my mom's grave and continued fidgeting with her necklace.