"He doesn't want me to be with Lance,"

"And why?"

"He has problems with Byrd and Byrd is Lance's dad,"

"True, but also because you being in both of their business trying to be loyal to both of them could cause either one of them to not trust you,"

"What they have going is none of my business,"

"Baby girl you have a lot to learn in this business. You can't be friendly to the enemy. You have to choose who you're going to be loyal to,"

"I just want to stay out of all of that,"

"Best thing to do, but it won't be easy. Trust me. Anyways, what do you plan on cooking tonight?" Lynn asked.

"What's his favorite food?" I asked looking at the meat.

"He loves ribs with a side of scalloped potatoes, greens, and cornbread,"

"That's a Sunday meal," I laughed.

"Speaking of Sunday, you should definitely come to church with the family. This Sunday is family day," Lynn said. I nodded my head and agreed to attend. Lynn and I continued to shop for groceries. I even let Danielle get her favorite foods and snacks. She loved food more than I did and I loved me some food. I kept replaying Lynn and I's conversation about Chaz and Lance in my head. She did know this game, but I did not want to get in any drama with neither one of them. As we made our way to the bread isle we saw Chanell. My nose began to flare up because I didn't not like seeing Chanell at all. Guess that one day was going to come sooner than I thought.

"Hey Ms.Lynn," Chanell greeted Lynn.

"Chanell, hey," Lynn greeted back with a fake smile.

"I see you in here buying the store up," Chanell laughed.

"Yes, I am for Lance and Danielle," I said. Lynn looked at me and smirked then looked back at Chanell.

"Oh. Well I hope you know how to cook. Lance hates females that can't cook," Chanell said.

"Just like he hates females who don't take care of their responsibilities," I said giving Danielle a box of cookies.

"No shade," Lynn responded making me laugh a little.

"Well then I'll see you another day Ms.Lynn," Chanell said not taking her eyes off of me.

"Okay," Lynn said waving good-bye to Chanell.  I just smiled then kissed Danielle on the forehead. I could tell Chanell was getting mad. I saw it in her eyes, but who was she whooping? Definitely not Crystal Moore. Lynn, Danielle and I made our way to check out. i had a clear view of Chanell and she had a clear view of me. I did nothing but smile at her. Bitches are going to learn not to fuck with me.

I dropped Lynn and Danielle off at Lynn's house before making it back home. I had two hours until Lance made it back in town and I needed to start on the food and get myself cleaned up for what should be a great night. I got the ribs and greens started then ran me a hot bath. I decided to go ahead and open up my new body wash that I bought from Bath and Body Works earlier in the week. I always had to smell good no matter what the occasion was. 

*Footsteps in the house*

I heard footsteps inside of the house. Jasmine was not in town so I knew it wasn't her and I knew it wasn't Lance because he would have called or text me before he came over. I stepped out of the tub and wrapped a towel around my wet body then grabbed a gun that Lance had gotten me when we got back together. The footsteps grew closer and closer as my heart raced. I pulled back the trigger back as I got closer to the bathroom door. I pointed the gun but didn't fire at the person who stood there in the bathroom doorway.