10 ✘ the fabulous four

ATTRACT

ATTRACT. ALLURE. INTERACT. Leave

There are four rules that need to be followed when in desire of someone, these are them. I refer to it as my fabulous four, other names for it include 'Amber is she who we must all come to in times of need.' Though, I'm too humble to officially name it that.

The fabulous four is how you gain attention and then keep it, the fabulous four is how I'm about to get Sage Evanders.

Xemina Ćurković is throwing pre-hal this year and if I'm being honest I still have no idea if that girl is real. Well, I know she has to be real but I mean personality-wise. I've always viewed Xemina as a weaker limb and an extension of her other two friends.

"Be safe in there Amber. No drinking, no accepting pills from anyone and no boys. Alright?"

I sigh at Polo's party list rules but nod anyway. We both know I won't be abiding by the two of them. "What about snorting lines, can I do that?"

"Do you want me to call your Mother?"

"It's like four am in Milan. Do you want to risk your job?"

Polo grunts in dissatisfaction but doesn't object. "Call me if you need me."

"I always do." With that and a wave I leave the limousine, careful not to have any of the teens that litter the front yard of Xemina's house press up against me and ruin the wings that Alfred had specially flown in from Singapore at two am.

"Is that Amber Zhu?"

The familiar voice has me rolling my eyes before I even greet the person. I turn around nonetheless making eye contact with none other than Salem Whitfield. Cassie and Xemina are standing beside her but it's obvious it's just her that I have a bone to pick with.

"Salem," I sigh, not bothering to hide my distaste.

They're all dressed in differing coloured night dresses — Salem's is burnt orange, Cassie's got baby blue and Xemina has light green — the dresses cut off mid-thigh with a fray-like design. They've paired the dresses with matching coloured wings and white flower crowns — they're dressed as garden fairies. So original.

"Seems like we all went with the wing memo." Salem drawls, her eyes narrowing in distaste as they study my outfit.

"Seems like only one of us suits it." I shrug, not bothered that there are three of them and one of me. None of these girls are scary, Salem as I've already established is an insecure girl trying to be something she isn't, Cassie is just pure crazy, and Xemina doesn't want to be with them half the time — that's why she's always sneaking off.

"I've heard delusions occur when someone isn't properly nourished." Salem scoffs, a wicked smile pulling at her lips. "Maybe a bite of a quiche would change your opinion?"

I swallow feeling the back of my throat burn, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't be silly Amber, you forget that I know you,"