Friday, September 28, 11:23 am EST

It was a normal lunch period for the group of friends. Mathias was attempting to finish the homework he had due next period, Lovino and Antonio were fighting over god knows what, and Gilbert, Alfred, and Elizaveta were watching 5 Minute Crafts on the albino's iphone.

"You guys are all coming over tonight, right?" Gilbert asked, shutting off his phone to gain everyone's attention.

"What time? I'm watching Emil again, is it okay if I bring him?" Mathias asked, circling random answers on his Ecology worksheet.

Lovino rolled his eyes, "What's this shit for again? I wasn't paying attention."

"I told you a million times! Wednesday will be my baby brother's birthday, and I wanted to throw him a big surprise party. I can't do it next week cause Dad's gonna take us into the city to celebrate. Party's at eight, and you can bring whoever you want. Just don't tell Lud." Gilbert explained.

"Dammit, that bastard? Didn't you throw a huge party for him last year too? Do you really think he's gonna be surprised?" Lovino asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh c'mon Lovi, we all know you're just upset that Feli completely ditched you at the movies to go out with Ludwig the other day." Antonio teased. Lovino's face went red in anger and he slapped the Spaniard on the arm.

Everyone at the table laughed at the teens' bickering. "Carajo Lovi, that hurt!" Antonio pouted.

"Okay so that's an RSVP from everyone? Oh and you don't have to bring any presents, he actually prefers that you don't. But if you do, just get him an Amazon gift card or something, he has like zero taste or preference." Gilbert sighed. "Oh Alfred, tell your brother he's invited too."

Alfred nodded. "Mathias, y'know we're in the same class, just copy off of my homework."

Mathias looked at Alfred as if he brought an end to world hunger and cured all forms of cancer. "Wait, you're right! Thank you so much bro, you have no idea how much this means to me." he said with tears in his eyes.

"Yo dude chill, it's not that big of a deal..." Alfred chuckled.

"Well it is when you have a sixty-two average!"

✮.♛.✮

7:46 pm EST

Mathias and Emil began their walk over to the Beilschmidt residence. It wasn't too far away, but it did require a walk past the 7-Eleven so they had to make sure Lukas didn't catch any glances of them.

"Are you sure you wanna go to this thing? I mean, knowing Gilbert, half the high school will probably be there. And God knows what that will lead to..." Mathias warned.

Emil rolled his eyes. "Gosh, who are you? Lukas? I'll be fine. I hangout with you and your friends all the time, I'm sure some little party won't be that bad."

Mathias shrugged. "I'm just saying. Trust me, I know from experience. Just if anyone offers you drugs or alcohol, say no."

Emil nodded. "Yes Dad, will do." He said with a chuckle.

"Laugh all you want, but if you don't come home in the same state you left, Lukas will probably crucify me right in your creepy-ass basement."

The two continued walking until they made it to the small house. Music inside was blasting, and Mathias wondered if Mr. Beilschmidt had any idea that this party was taking place. Probably not.

Mathias and Emil entered through the back entrance and were greeted by a cheerful Elizaveta. "Hey guys! Glad you could finally make it. You must be Emil, Mathias has told us so much about you." She smiled, giving them each a greeting hug. "Gil and Lud should arrive in about ten minutes, so go look for a good hiding spot."