34: fun

A few days later, as Dahlia watched Marcus set down another one of Kat's boxes in the living room, Jordan plopped down next to her on the couch, a few pieces of pizza stacked on a plate for them to share.

Dahlia smirked lightly as she looked over, noticing Kat and Marcus both murmuring to each other before she nodded and started leading him towards her room.

"Hey, guys! Don't eat all the pizza!"

Jordan tilted his head back and closed his eyes, shaking his head at Marcus' request. He turned back to see Marcus throw Kat over his shoulder, taking her down the hallway to her room.

"How are they not exhausted? I mean-- it feels like all we've been doing this week is unpacking and repacking

Turning to look at her boyfriend with a soft expression on her face, Dahlia reached over and began running her fingers through his hair, lightly scratching his scalp.

"True, but it could be worse."

"Mmm... what do you mean?"

Immediately forgetting about the pizza that was getting cold on the table in front of them, Dahlia straddled Jordan, tugging his hair back to expose his neck.

Jordan's hands crawled up Dahlia's thighs, resting on her butt as she left a trail of kisses up to her ear.

"I could've been in Florida all summer."

Jordan's shot open and his grip moved to Dahlia's waist as he wrapped his arms tightly around her, securing him on his lap while he buried his face in her neck.

"Mmmm, don't fucking remind me."

Jordan began leaving his own set of kisses down Dahlia's neck, causing her to giggle and pull back a little. When she finally did, Jordan had a gloomy look in his eyes.

"I'm serious, Doll. I'd rather take having to pack and repack over the entire summer than being away from you again. You're not going anywhere."

After getting settled in those first few days, Dahlia and Kat decided to hang by the pool while the boys had football conditioning.

"No fair."

There was a permanent pout on Jordan's face as watched his girlfriend slipping a pair of small denim shorts over her white cheeky bikini bottoms.