Ch 1

⚠️trigger warning self harm⚠️
My name's Nico di Angelo, I'm the local 'emo kid with a troubled past'. My mom died when I was young, my older sister died in some freak accident a few years ago, and my dad's a celebrity or some shit. I only have my brother Jason, his best friend Percy, and my one and only friend Leo.

"Nico! Let's go!" My older brother Jason called banging on my door. "We have to pick up Percy! Come on!"

"One second!" I yelled back quickly hiding the blade. I usually didn't cut this early but I had nightmares last night and I couldn't help it. I pulled down my sleeve and got my earbuds and phone. "Alright let's go." I open the door and follow Jason to the car.

"Nico, I swear, it's fucking 70° outside you don't need a hoodie or army jacket." Jason comments opening the door for me, it only opens from the inside, despite our dad being a bigilonare Jason insisted on buying his own car. I don't understand why but whatever.

"I like it." I lie sliding inside the car.

"Whatever. Don't forget you have an appointment with Dr. Solace today.. c'mon Tempest go." Jason was speaking to the car which refused to turn on. Dr. Solace is my therapist. I roll my eyes both at stupid therapy and my brothers car.

"How many more appointments do I have to have?"

"Til he deems you mentally stable. Thank god! Text Percy and Leo we'll be a bit late." Jason tells me as the car starts

"I am mentally stable. Why can't you do it?"

"You're not and I'm driving."

"Fuck off." I grumble texting a group chat called 'Crapy car crew'

Me: were running late the car didn't start
Leo: You guys know i can help fix it if you want?
Percy: Jase wont let you do that the stubborn ass.
Me: percys right but thx leo
Me: percy we're outside your house in a sec be ready to jump in

I sent the last text and turned off my phone. Jason honked loudly as we pulled up to his best friends house. Percy jumped into the passenger seat and connected his phone to the ox cord.

"Please don't play shit." I say as he looks through his music.

"Now c'mon Nico! You know I would never do that!" Percy says, 'baby shark' started playing
'God he's intolerable.' I think as Jason starts driving again laughing at my annoyed face.

"This song is for 5 year olds Percy!" I complain.

"What would you prefer? You're emo music?"

"Yes." I say before turning up my 'emo music' in my earbuds til Leo gets in the car.

"Whatcha listening to death boy?" Leo teases sitting next to me. Leo's been my best friend sense.. forever. If we met know I doubt we'd be friends but we met in the same daycare 10 years ago. He said I looked like death, not the best thing to hear from a 5 year old but whatever, he started calling me death boy and has ever sense.

"You wouldn't like it fire boy."

"That fire was NOT my fault and you know it!" I laugh sarcastically.

"Right you just accidentally dropped a candle on Mr. Hedges desk."

"I did! You were there!"

"You knocked it over and you know it Valdez. You were gonna fail that test so hard."

"Oh like you haven't done worse stuff! Remind me who was it that slipped those death threats into Dylans locker?" Jason slammed on the breaks.

"You did what Nico?!" I glare at Leo.
Great more stuff to talk to Dr. Solace about.

"They weren't serious! And it was freshman year."

"That was last year for you. How did I not hear about this?!"

"Sorry neeks.." Leo mumbles seeing how clearly upset I was.

"Whatever, it's fine." I whisper back. "Jason, no one knew it was me, Dylan didn't even take them seriously he would laugh at them and say he 'had a chick in love with him.' He deserves everyone of them and I'm not actually gonna murder him."

"Fine but you are talking to Dr. Solace about this. Got it?" Jason asks sternly "And I'm telling dad."

"Why would you tell dad? He doesn't give a shit. He'll probably congratulate me on being 'theatrical like him'."

"Maybe, but he's our dad." Jason pulled in front of the school. "Get out sophomores." Leo and I get out of the car and go to our lockers.

"I'm really sorry about that.. it just slipped out." Leo says as he opens his locker.

"I said it's fine Valdez. At least todays therapy wont be boring."

"You still have to do that?"

"Yep til I'm 'mentally stable'" Leo let out a harsh laugh.

"What even is mentally stable?"

"No idea, not me I guess.." Just then the most popular girls in school walked by, Calypso and Piper Mclean. They're sisters, Calypso is my age and Pipers a year older like Jason, who happened to have a huge crush on Piper, and Leo was in love with Calypso. They're hot.. I guess.. I'm not into girls.. to be honest I'm more into guys.. guys like Percy now that's what I call hot... 'shit Nico you're doing it again stop it.' I scolded myself, making sure Leo was distracted thirsting after Calypso I push down hard on one my cuts from the morning. It brought me back to the real world where Percy is straight and likes that nerd girl Annabell or something.

"Nico? You ok?" Leo asks eyeing my arm. 'Shit please didn't see please say you didn't see' I move my hands to my pockets and mumble something, even I'm not sure what I said. Probably something along the lines of. 'I'm fine Valdez.'

"Are you sure? What were you thinking about?" Leo asked sounding slightly concerned.

"Nothing. Don't worry." I tried to smile bit it felt unnatural so I let it drop.

"I think I know..." Leo tails off with a strange look.

"What are you thinking fire boy?"

"Death boy has a crush!" Leo announces