Teenagehood : Story story

Start from the beginning

She closed her eyes as she began to recite the poem. That was her best poem so far and she knew it off hand.

"I was just a three year old girl
Who was always begging for mummy
Time passed, and I became headgirl
Feeling high and soaring higher
But then, that was just the beginning
Another milestone awaited me

Waec, Neco, Post utme was all on my plate
It wasn't easy but such is life
Jamb didn't jam, and  that was what I prayed
Friends and all the memories
It was time to say goodbye
Good bye to mathematics, goodbye to studying?
Secondary school went as quickly at it came

Then came before me, a huge river to cross
It was either I used a boat or drown in it
Yes, it was easy to use a boat
But it wasn't easy to be in the boat
Storms, waves, all did I experience
But in the end, I became victorious

I remember those times of endless studying
I remember the times when we burned the midnight candles
I remember those memories
And forever, will I cherish them

As soon as she finished, the hall erupted in a standing ovation. Though they've heard the poem from the poet itself. Fefe recited it more beautifully.

"I'm short of words, another milestone has been crossed, I'm ready for the challenges," she said so proudly

I'VE SEEN, COME AND CONQUERED

Fefe felt a slap on her cheeks, she looked up to see her Madam glaring at her. She had been daydreaming again.

"madam,.......

Her madam gestured with her hand for her to shut up. She threw the dirty clothes at her "wash it now, " was what she said as she stormed angrily.
Fefe cleaned the lone tear from her face.

Her mind went back to her graduation day, the speech she said. She was Adeotun Fehintola, the one who had emerged the best graduating student.

⌐╦╦═─Stuck in Lagos Traffic.

Have you ever heard of the city of Lagos ?
Do you know the city that never sleeps ?
Have you experienced the traffic if the centre of excellence?

Lagos traffic has caused me things
Infact,  caused one of my most embarrassing moment.

That day was just like every other day. only that it was more special. My longtime crush finally noticed me and asked me on a date.

I was so elated and over the moon. I dressed to kill that day and applied makeup just to impress him. The only mistake I made was that I drank pepper soup before leaving the house.

We hit the road but at a particular place, we encountered a traffic jam.
Two hours later, we were still stucked up at the same spot and I had started to worry. Suddenly, I had a strong urge to urinate but still I held it.

The fact that I was stucked in traffic didn't help matters. They was no where for me to hide and I could certainly not pee in a bottle. I felt the liquid dropping slowly though not completely but in drops.

About an hour later of being stucked in traffic and behaving like a psychopath, we reached the mall and quickly, I got down, ready to use the nearest toilet. As I struggled to make my way pass the crowd. I saw my crush, Deji

Deji called out to me as soon as our eyes jammed, gesturing for me to come to where he was but that was the least of my problem. I was trying to locate the rest room.

I looked helplessly,going without direction until I saw a sign post that indicated the rest room. I was about running there when I felt a grip on my hand. I looked back to see Deji grinning at him.